RoadRash sighting [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RoadRash sighting

polareyez
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
There was a confirmed sighting of the RoadRash aka RipRyder IV this weekend. Captain Crunch was cruising the Chatham area trying to score some mermaids...
Keith, it's a nice looking craft but the figurehead of the admiral was a little too much in my opinion...

I was fishing with The Old Man of the Sea (Paxton) and we found a nice location which we've named "The Funnel." It had lots of current and was loaded with bait. We hooked a lot of big blues, and of course we had a lot of them bite through the line. I actually had a large striper on until he took off on his second run and went under a huge ball of eel grass and the line went slack. I had a ball of bait at my feet and 2 large stripers came crashing through the ball and they both broke water 5 feet in front of me. I can't say where the funnel is yet but, if you want to try looking for it I made a big X in the sand at low tide.... I promised Paxton I wouldn't mention when he cast into the back of my head...:chuckle:

striblue
08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Great report Garry... I spoke with keith yesterday and he is getting the CG check up this morning and will call me tonight with the result...If all went well I will schedule a Rip Trip for this Saturday...and depending on the numbers we can refigure.... I plan on taking the Ferry with keith tomorrow to SB if he goes..later...John

Paxton
08-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks Garry for the "kind" references to my aging arthritic joints and your sharing with all, that I hit you in the head on my back cast......one of the nice results of fishing with you is how much better I feel about myself when I meet other people :D

Of course you failed to mention that from 100 ft away you lured the monster blue fish I had on to wrap around your leg and break off....I do hope that you find your clippers soon! Just because I accidentally hit you in the head...there was no need for your retaliatory response:smokin:

Keith...your new vessel is impressive.....I was wondering however....given the wrap around rails....is there a "chair lift" for the decrepid?
Ron
(Loyal Sand-Walker/Old Man of the Sea)

Warren
08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
There was a confirmed sighting of the RoadRash aka RipRyder IV this weekend. Captain Crunch was cruising the Chatham area trying to score some mermaids...
Keith, it's a nice looking craft but the figurehead of the admiral was a little too much in my opinion...

So it does exist then, I cannot wait to see this figurehead:hihi: :chuckle:

flydoc
08-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Personally, I think it was just Ed trying to do his best impersonation of Kate Beckinsale's role from Titanic.....or possibly Bill Murray's role in What About Bob?...."I'm sailing!..... I'M SAILING!!!!!":lildevl:
Flydoc

Rip Ryder
08-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Garry could it be?, that it was you and Paxton at North Monomoy Waving your arms as though you were left behind by the other ferry service:hihi: !!

We were not sure if that was someone that knew us or had been left out there for a few days, without me keeping an eye on the place.

I swore the two guys I saw at North Monomoy resembled the grumpy old men from the Muppet show.

Capt Keith

Paxton
08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
twas the grumpy old men...you were right......maybe if time permits, I will go in my woodshop and carve something else for you to secure to the bow....we really felt bad for your dad!:eek: It looked like he was taking an awful beating in those swells :hihi:

polareyez
08-13-2007, 07:53 AM
You're right, it was us..and the grumpy old men from the Muppets. I'm Statler and he's Waldorf... We were just waving you off so you didn't run into us....:chuckle:
I can't wait to ride the new hot rod.