Rip Trip --Sat. August 4 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip --Sat. August 4

striblue
07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Spoke with Admiral Ed today and Keith should have the boat ready after the CG checkup on the 3rd. Barring any issues we go on the 4th. Told Ed I would post today for the maiden voyage with the new boat....The usual drill...SIGN UP here with a maximun of 20. the backup date is Sunday the 5th.... If we fill the 20 we need to establish shore rules at the rip since the window on shore really can not accomodate more than about 10 with the Estes swing into the rip.... we will need to rotate....some start at the rip others go south or north along the shore ...then switching...depending on the fishing naturally. This trip is to the South Point not the midway section of South M. Depending on conditions I will schedule another at mid week and another next weekend.... and keep going.... the summer is almost over. Those with walkee-talkees - please bring.... and all the usual stuff you need for a full day on the water with no cars to go back to if you forget anything...Also... will need one guy to bring a spare rod in the even someone breaks their rod and does not want to do only bird watching for the rest of the day. More later...to Jim W- need GPS numbers for the buried beach chairs.

Dble Haul
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Sure, schedule it on the day of my parents' 40th wedding anniversary party. :roll: :razz:

Have fun.

juro
07-30-2007, 06:31 PM
out of town - good luck!

Warren
07-30-2007, 06:48 PM
John I am in, so far it looks as though I will get all my work done this week & not be marooned here on Saturday Playing catch up. Damn I think Flydoc is on call this weekend too I know he wants to go.

flydoc
07-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Yep- I'm on duty...I'll have to look for the next one...hopefully the following weekend.
Catch a few for me (and then release them, of course):lildevl:
Flydoc

vtloon
07-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Is there a critical mass that could make it on a weekday? 6,7 or 8 Aug?

Paxton
07-30-2007, 07:55 PM
John...I'm interested in going....can you fill me in on time derparting and cost....I know that it was 30 a head...but what if it is only 10 people? During the week is fine with me as well.
Thanks,
Ron

striblue
07-30-2007, 08:12 PM
We need to start the process and will have other dates but should see if we can go this weekend. As indicated we can do others more close together... I will get the cost tomorrow from Keith. Right now it looks like Me, Warren and Paxton.

striblue
07-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Bumped to the top again... we need atleast 10 for $30 each...20 it's 15 but I will confirm.

bonefishmon
07-31-2007, 04:52 PM
John. I am tentative due to family pressures for Saturday. I will fill the void based on the situation as it unfolds.The last time I was out there a baby grey seal got it's first look at a human being. Sat right next to my toes for a good 20 seconds before it realized something was very wrong with the picture. Life memory of those eyes and whiskers. It's not aways about the fishing when out there.

Phil

bonefishmon
07-31-2007, 05:11 PM
FFF members. Rip Trips are among the fabled opportunities we as Forum members have the chance to take advantage of thanks to Juro, Captain Keith Lincoln and his renowned ability to get things done for us on a very personal level. If you have not been......this is a maiden voyage on the Captains new boat! History in the making at a VERY reasonable price. Regardless of the outcome it will be a life memory that few dreams are made of. You owe it to yourself to add this to your list of good dreams. Icing on the cake? The Ironman will be in the house! The CAC rules! Have you worn the FEZ lately?

Phil

polareyez
08-01-2007, 11:42 AM
John,

Count me as a definite maybe, depending on the weather. Latest forecast is calling for thunderstorms. If I lived closer it would be a different story. If not Saturday, possibly Sunday if there's enough bodies, or next weekend. I'll keep an eye on the weather guesses and update you later this week.

Garry

striblue
08-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Looks like we will not have the numbers...so I will reshedule for next Saturday or a day next week...thoughts?

Paxton
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
John...I'm heading to Chatham tomorrow...may give NM and the all day incoming tide a try.
Re the rip trip....I'm available this weekend and next week (during the week or weekend).....I think that you are running into vacation schedules....usually one has to jump on these opportunities or miss out...I know...I missed out 2 years in a row.
Ron

Guernseybass
08-01-2007, 03:36 PM
John,

I can go if I can get a lift down or have the car for the day.

I should know tomorrow.

Mark.

flydoc
08-01-2007, 05:24 PM
John- I'd be a go for the 11th, 12th, or 18th.
Jim

Paxton
08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
John...just thinkin (always dangerous):)
Earlier this year Keith took JimS, myself and daughter, Craig and 2 others out to mid way SM......the structure there is fantastic with the flats having access to deep water....maybe if we get 2 more (total of 6), Keith will consider it again.....It's a shorter ride for Keith. I know that Garry (Polareyez) would be intersted in that location as well.
Ron

Warren
08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
John,

I can go if I can get a lift down or have the car for the day.

I should know tomorrow.

Mark.

GB I can pick you up on the way down I am sure. As I have to go by the Hingham exit on Rt 3

I can go next weekend the 11th and Monday Aug 6 of this week. I was going Tuna fishing Monday but my boat Captain had to cancel due to a family issue. If I have to I can rearrange my work schedule for later in the week too. I just need a couple of days notice. Darn I was psyched to go too. Although Ron's Idea has merit too, I would be up for that as well.

striblue
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
OK, I am talking the ferry Friday Morning to SB and will speak with keith about a trip 1/2 down and reschedule the trip to SM Rip....I will see if he will do the mid way...right now it's Me, Paxton,Warren and Guernsey with Garry and Phil not sure as of today. That would be 6....more later

vtloon
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
I can go any of the days from 14-17 Aug. I'm also willing to go more $/distance with low numbers if it makes fishing sense.

Paxton
08-02-2007, 07:31 PM
John...fished NM today (Thurs)...on the way home local weather said chance of thunderstorms mid morning to early afternoon for Saturday. Obviously they have a 99% chance of being wrong. I will wait till it gets closer as my drive is 2 1/2 hrs away.
Saw a decent amt. of fish today until around 12:30 and then they were absent. Not sure if "it's" a morning pattern and or the fact that it was 4 hrs into the incoming at that time. I think that it is the latter..once the flow slows they disappear. Picked up some before 10:30 a.m......there-after I got 11 follows right to the rod tip :) Would have had a better day if I brought my 9mm for those close encounters:hihi:
The good news is that I saw 2- 20ft diameter balls of what I think were sandeels......and some scattered bunker.....looks like the bait is coming back (at least for today). Still a horde of crabs (as in 4 inch diameter shells).

Keith was down today...boat in repair (the old one)....had to go to the "dark side" for a ride to NM. Give him a call re tomorrow if you are going.
Ron

striblue
08-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Ron, I will be fishing SB Friday and will talk with keith....I will post tomorrow after I fish ...about mid day

striblue
08-03-2007, 07:47 AM
To All, Keith did not go out this morning...I called him when I got back to home and the regular boat isout of commission and the big new boat will now not be ready until Monday.....After I speak with him we will reshedule...some day next week...mid week maybe or Friday and probably another on Saturday...the plan will be to go to the South Tip....more later. This gives me an opportunity to go to the light house on the outgoing and a walk down South beach tomorrow.... about 4:30 AM

Warren
08-03-2007, 01:48 PM
John, looks like this upcoming week is out for me. Too much broken machinery that needs repaired.
The main culprit being my own truck. Never the less Saturday the 11th or Sun 12 might work out or maybe the following week one day. I'll keep an eye on the BB and work like hell to free up some fishing time.....'Cmon Powerball:hihi: :hihi:

bonefishmon
08-03-2007, 08:29 PM
To All, Keith did not go out this morning...I called him when I got back to home and the regular boat isout of commission and the big new boat will now not be ready until Monday.....After I speak with him we will reshedule...some day next week...mid week maybe or Friday and probably another on Saturday...the plan will be to go to the South Tip....more later. This gives me an opportunity to go to the light house on the outgoing and a walk down South beach tomorrow.... about 4:30 AM

John. Somehow, somewhere in time, I seem to think you and a small Hewes bonefish skiff would make great company. It would be something new to look forward to. Head up inside Pleasant Bay......Bass River estuaries.....the flats you know so well. Trailer it over to the bayside. Opens up a bunch of possibilities. I've been fishing from a Stage Point skiff with a good friend every Saturday morning and get very excited doing all this exploring I've missed out on for so long. Have you ever given a flats boat any thought?

Phil

CascoBay
08-05-2007, 01:20 PM
i would be game for a midweek day trip, But I need to know ASAP so i can get down to the Cape from Maine. Tues or Weds works best for me.
Aaron