Nice evening on the pond 7/29/07 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Nice evening on the pond 7/29/07

Quentin
07-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Wasn't able to get out today until 5:30 pm or so. After carefully analyzing the doppler radar, I decided to drop the boat in local pond where it's an easy launch and load-out if the weather should happen to get nasty. It sprinkled a little on the way to the pond, but then it turned out to be a beautiful evening.

Quentin
07-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I even caught a fish or two :cool:

mikez
07-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Nice pics and good fish too!
I probably matched your catch in sheer poundage of LMB yesterday. Too bad it took 6 individual bass to attain that weight. :roll:
For a change of pace took the 5 weight out to a known trophy bluegill pond hoping for some topwater action. Bad call. The worthwhile 'gills were holding in 15 - 20 feet of water and I couldn't reach them. My spinfishing buddy vertical jigged up one after the other while I stuburnly took casting practice and worked on my sunburn. Only thing eating my poppers were small gills and tiny bass.
Best thing that happened all day was when I hooked my backpack and was forced to crimp the barb of the hook to remove it. How was I to know an hour later I would drive that hook into my finger up to the bend! :whoa: Lucky.
Worst thing was getting back to the parking lot and finding I had a flat tire.:mad: