Walk on the Bayside [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Walk on the Bayside

FredA
07-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Walked the beach and took a few casts. Sh!tty tide for the daybreak shift, nice tide if I had a few hours, but I didn't. Water is black with suspended mud, from the harbor dredging to the west I imagine. Water was a bit dark like a weak tea last week but now it's like late morning coffee.

FishHawk
07-21-2007, 02:47 PM
The South Side was not much better . Lots of mung in the water. Dog Days are here. FishHawk

FredA
07-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Bill,
I almost hit the light, haven't fished there this year. From your report in the other thread sounds like I didn't miss much. We do seem to be in that mid summer mode. I heard that Basser guy did ok at another bayside udl, including a waist high fish. I figured he was pluggin but no, he got it on a fly, according to sources.

jfbasser
07-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Bill,
I almost hit the light, haven't fished there this year. From your report in the other thread sounds like I didn't miss much. We do seem to be in that mid summer mode. I heard that Basser guy did ok at another bayside udl, including a waist high fish. I figured he was pluggin but no, he got it on a fly, according to sources.

Yup, had to resort to the fly this morning to entice a few to bite. I need to find some smaller plugs:devil: