Nauset - FYI [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Nauset - FYI

juro
07-16-2007, 02:49 PM
***Nauset ORV Trails Update- July 11, 2007***

NOTICE

Current conditions in regards to Off Road Vehicle travel

We currently have a ˝ mile of beach open to resident off road vehicle traffic on Nauset Spit. The trails on South Beach remain closed.

On the Nauset Spit end of the beach we currently have 4 fledged chicks, 7 unfledged chicks and one nest that is due to hatch out on July 16th.

If the nest that is due to hatch out on July 16th hatches and the chicks survive until fledged then the rest of Nauset Spit will reopen around August 11th. If the nest does not hatch or the chicks don’t survive the earliest the remainder of Nauset Spit will open will be on July 31st.

On the South end of Nauset Beach in the Pochet Area we currently have one brood with three chicks that are eighteen days old that could fledge as early as July 18th, and one new brood with one chick that is four days old. If this chick survives the south end would open August 1st at the earliest.

There are no other nests or chicks south of the Pochet washover.

The Town’s bathing beach at Nauset Beach remains open and unaffected by the piping plover situation that affects the Off Road Vehicle trails south of the Nauset Beach Parking lot. Pedestrians can still walk, fish, surf or swim in the areas south of the parking lot.

There is plenty of parking available in the 900 car parking lot and vehicles with current 2007 ORV stickers will be permitted to park in the main parking lot free of charge during the period that the Off-Road Vehicle Trail remains closed.

For updated information please visit www.town.orleans.ma.us .

Penguin
07-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Patagonian Pavement Plovers... :eek:
Nesting on the east bound lane of the Mid-Cape between exits 9 & 10...
Rt 28 on the Harwich Chatham line...
Rt 6A in Brewster near Paines Creek...
North bound lane of the Sagamoron Bridge...
All affected roadz closed until further notice... :confused:
News and photos at eleven... :razz:

Tastes like CHICKEN

flydoc
07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
I propose a 12 gauge solution to the problem, followed by a cookout at the CAC featuring my delectable Teriyaki Plover Kabobs....:lildevl:
Flydoc

Warren
07-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I propose a 12 gauge solution to the problem, followed by a cookout at the CAC featuring my delectable Teriyaki Plover Kabobs....:lildevl:
Flydoc

Now Now Doc, 12Ga? How unsporting. A 28 ga side by side would be much more gentlemanly. :lildevl: :hihi:

However, I am all for the Plover Teryaki kabobs at the CAC, I 'll bring a bottle of scotch:biggrin:

Penguin....ROFLMAO

Stevo
07-18-2007, 02:32 AM
However, I am all for the Plover Teryaki kabobs at the CAC, I 'll bring a bottle of scotch:biggrin:

Tsk, you Ameriacns have no idea... it's white wine with Plovers not scotch! :hihi:

Warren
07-18-2007, 11:54 AM
White wine Stevo? What pray tell is that? Something continental no doubt:D :D

flydoc
07-18-2007, 02:42 PM
White wine Stevo? What pray tell is that? Something continental no doubt:D :D
I think it's the bottles they forgot to put the Red Dye #6 in....they charge less for those ones......:chuckle:
Flydoc

Stevo
07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
You know the stuff surely? Chardonnay is a good start as it goes nicely with Plover, er, I mean chicken. :smokin:

titleguy
07-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Actually, their flesh is somewhat darker, not quite as gamey as woodcock, more like pheasant- nice claret or pinot noir?:devil: ( you need a mess o' them though)

Dble Haul
07-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Patagonian Pavement Plovers... :eek:
Nesting on the east bound lane of the Mid-Cape between exits 9 & 10...
Rt 28 on the Harwich Chatham line...
Rt 6A in Brewster near Paines Creek...
North bound lane of the Sagamoron Bridge...
All affected roadz closed until further notice... :confused:
News and photos at eleven... :razz:

Tastes like CHICKEN

:chuckle: :hihi:

juro
07-19-2007, 09:42 AM
I found it to have a pleasant bouquet of wild poultry flavor reminiscent of the pacific spotted owl.

Just kidding! Even if we can't go there now it's good to know there are chicks on the beach.

flydoc
07-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Actually, their flesh is somewhat darker, not quite as gamey as woodcock, more like pheasant- nice claret or pinot noir?:devil: ( you need a mess o' them though)
Sounds like how my great grandpappy described the taste of the passenger pigeons he used to shoot from his front porch:devil:
Flydoc

flydoc
07-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Just kidding! Even if we can't go there now it's good to know there are chicks on the beach.
Juro- you talkin' about the winged or biped variety????:hihi:
Flydoc

Stevo
07-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Juro- you talkin' about the winged or biped variety????:hihi:
Flydoc

:hihi:

I can't believe Juro posted that without knowing!? :chuckle: