Bayside, 7/14, am [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bayside, 7/14, am

FredA
07-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Met up with JJones (Jim), put the blindfold on him and had him follow me to the water (no worries, he only bounced off a few trees). Super fishy aura to the place but it was relatively dead. Jim managed to avoid the skunk and it was a gorgoues morning so all was well. Must have been the wimpy front that pushed through yesterday, I have great expectaions for tommorow. Saw some bait guys hooking up on sandeels. With the baitguys deep wading to the west and a guide with his sports wading up to thier armpits blocking the lanes a hundred yards to the east:razz: , maybe it wasn't the front.

striblue
07-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Fred... thanks for the report... I will always remember how to get there;) :razz:

FishHawk
07-14-2007, 05:03 PM
The Forum Navy was in action today at a Bayside UDL:lildevl: . We took the advice of a famous guide who told us to go East. Frank F scored with a 32 keeper. Thanks to Sean Juan our guide who put the Forum Fleet on the fish. We saw bait early in the Am but they vanished when the sun was high. FishHawk:D

Bigcat
07-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Hit the Bayside today with my son onboard ,lot of bluefish and bass up to 24#.
No sign of tuna for us :D

juro
07-14-2007, 07:02 PM
That lane runs fish west to east or north south on the flood :razz: Bunch of schoolies early. Bait moved so town sticker and a homework assignment ahead.

Glad to hear east was correct. The famous guide told me the same thing but his armpits were wet so I didn't listen.

Phase II - South Beach report. Lots of schoolies early. Some nice fish on the flats due to recent blow cooling the water and of course fish at the cool zone in the guzzle were excitable and willing but the volume coming thru this poor tide was less than the scotch drunk at the spring clave.

Surfside too big but only a few seals around.

PEC54
07-14-2007, 09:45 PM
The upper cape udl had good amounts of fish coming in on the flooding tide, loads of bait from sandeels to 1 in. silversides, fish real showie as the current picked up with multiple breaking fish as the pods moved further up the flow.

FredA
07-14-2007, 10:17 PM
That lane runs fish west to east or north south on the flood

Exactly, and we were standing (facing NW) at what is frequently the vertex of that movement 1 to 2 hours into the flood. There were fish showing as expected, just not in the numbers, with the conditions, I was expecting.

flydoc
07-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Mmmmm....the Bayside is calling....might have to consider it for this upcoming weekend:smokin:
Flydoc

JJones
07-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Fred,
Thanks for showing me your secret spot! I will not divulge the locating, fearing persecution. I had a great morning! Back in Pa today. I'll have to think up some good excuse to head back up there, SOON!
Juro, Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Maybe next time.

Thanks again,

Jim