Best tippet dispenser? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Best tippet dispenser?

soloflyfisher
07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Can anyone recommend an effective tippet dispenser that can be attached to a lanyard and holds four or five spools? I use maxima mostly, so the dispenser either has to accept maxima spools or be easy to load with maxima tippet material.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

juro
07-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I use maxima as well and put 'LeBra' on them. I don't like bulk on the lanyard so they go into the chestpack.

No help with the lanyard but if you dont use leBra you should try them!

soloflyfisher
07-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks Juro - - - I googled "LeBra" and I won't say I didn't find anything, but what I found I probably shouldn't look at while at work!

Where can I find these "LeBras"? Who sells them? Are they those little wooly elastic bands that used to come on Orvis tippet spools?

juro
07-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Don't know where my mind was...

they are made by Rio and are called "Le Strap". You can find them about anywhere Rio products are sold, make sure you get the Maxima size.

:redface:

soloflyfisher
07-09-2007, 01:27 PM
That was "best" tippet dispenser, not "breast" . . .

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion . . .

Spock
07-10-2007, 06:24 AM
tippet tee's are the best i have found so far umpqua has them

pescaphile
07-20-2007, 12:51 PM
The Dennison tippet dispenser works well with Maxima. It holds six different sizes of tippet material in a disc the size of a hockey puck. The leader material is loaded on six spools that fit inside the "puck". The spools are pretty small, so you'll usually have to give the leader a pull to straighten it, but it the system works quite well. I don't know if they're still available.

Other than that, the "le strap" works very well for simply managing a single spool of Maxima which is what I often carry for simplicity while steelheading since I don't need several sizes of tippet.