Bayside, Vacation Fishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bayside, Vacation Fishing

FredA
06-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Fishing has progressively improved since last Friday's front pushed through and the sh#tty Tides are getting better. Early Sat, Sun and Monday up inside the creek was pleasant but relatively fishless. Had some interesting but frustrating sightfishing Monday on the drop. Fished the beach front Tuesday and today early am (flood) lots of grabby schoolies and a nice fish this morning that parted an old butt at the nail knot. Yesterday I switched to a QD from a floater for the sight fishing with excellent results. Afternoon wind is kicking up to 20+ or so knots and really gets irritating. Heading back for the drop in awhile. Fly of the week is craigs tan and smoke (witha pinch of lavender in the middle) unique hair deep eel.

juro
06-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Things were very good on the weekend as well. Standard tan deep eel worked very well. Presentation much more key than fly. Mood change on the tide change. Saw a lot of backing, 32" the best of the day.

grego
06-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Fred & Juro,

Thanks for the Posts.

Good Tides Coming!

juro
06-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I didn't mind the lackluster tides verses the usual cast and dash urgency when fishing that area on foot. The action wasn't so fast and furious as when things are rippin' but spread out over a broader area and a more relaxed span of time. Totally un-bayside like but I liked it.

That being said... bring on the tidal wave!

jfbasser
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Fished the beach front Tuesday and today early am (flood) lots of grabby schoolies and a nice fish this morning that parted an old butt at the nail knot. .

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PEC54
06-28-2007, 11:43 AM
So far this year has seen more sandeels than in the years past along the shores and creeks of the upper cape. This mornings ebbing tide had sandeels beaching themselves to evade leaping and slashing stripers along the shore line, as the sky got brighter the birds discovered the free meals . The scene was more in tune to fall than early summer with fish blitzing and several species of terns and gulls screaming and diving.:hihi: As of today I'm on vacation for 2 weeks, yee ha! Anybody going to be around, I'm thinking a trip or two down Chatham way for a change of scenery and sight fishing.

juro
06-28-2007, 11:45 AM
I love sand eel years :smokin:

Paul let's try to sync up next week.

Adrian
06-28-2007, 07:48 PM
So far this year has seen more sandeels than in the years past along the shores and creeks of the upper cape. This mornings ebbing tide had sandeels beaching themselves to evade leaping and slashing stripers along the shore line, as the sky got brighter the birds discovered the free meals . The scene was more in tune to fall than early summer with fish blitzing and several species of terns and gulls screaming and diving.:hihi: As of today I'm on vacation for 2 weeks, yee ha! Anybody going to be around, I'm thinking a trip or two down Chatham way for a change of scenery and sight fishing.
Paul

I'll be on the Cape this w/e - Saturday & Sunday :smokin:

flydoc
06-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Paul

I'll be on the Cape this w/e - Saturday & Sunday :smokin:

Group breakfast at Sandi's Cafe tomorrow AM before catching the 8 AM Rip Ryder?:devil:
Flydoc