What -- If Anything -- Is Happening on the Miramichi? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: What -- If Anything -- Is Happening on the Miramichi?

Smolt
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I am off to Doaktown on Friday. Expect to fish all week. The long term weather report looks uncomfortable -- rain predicted for almost every day. So long as the wind stays down, I will still be a happy camper. Reports of fish -- or no fish?

Jerome F Molloy
06-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Can't say what was happening on the lower river but I was at Rocky Bend for the w/end. Saturday morning hooked what I thought would be a 12 lber and when it jumped my jaw dropped,somewhere near 30 lb I think. There were three others all in the 12 -15lb range. Flies were White Tail Green Machine and Green Butt Bear Hair.
Things have improved on the Restigouche as well. Heres a link to some pics from Bry Freemans page of some Beauties last week.
http://www.salmonflies.com/bigsalmon.htm
Jerome

Venture
06-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Good to hear that you had some action. Sounds like the fish are coming. It's always tough on the Gaspe. Great pics of the big fish on the Restigouche. Gets my blood boiling. I'm leaving for the Gaspe this weekend and staying for the entire month of July. Thanks for "wetting my whisle".......