Slinger Down!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Slinger Down!!

RayStachelek
06-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Thursday morning, Steve's motor konked out after a hot bite in the middle bay.

Yes, Sea Tow to the rescue. Yellow flashing lights off my starboard beam as Steve passed by with a cup of java in his hand.

It will take at least a week or more for repairs since this is the busy season. I know! I've call around too with stuggish starts and that is what i was told.

That's a lot of time to spend working on tackle instead of fishing.

He's been helpful to many here. He's one hellava guy when others are in need and is the first to step up.

Ive fooled around with Steve's cookies setting so he doen't know about this message. If you have any billets open or need a fishing companion Steve's the man. Plenty of knowlege and experience. Nows the time to show him others are there.

jfbasser
06-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Steve called me about the boat shutting down. I plan to fish the banks of the canal a bit with him to ease the bite.

FredA
06-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Basser, Slinger,
I know you guys don't like to fish more than 20 yards from the truck but you can come down and help me figure out the finicky fish on the bayside flats next week (mon, tues, wed). Lots of fish around, but too much bait, me thinks.

Adrian
06-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Steve - that Sucks man!

Hope you get mobile again soon and looking forward to experiencing some "cant-achor-us" action this season :smokin:

mikez
06-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Wow that really sucks!
Steve spent most of the day last Sunday trucking me and my son all over the bay in search of fish. Hope he didn't wear it out on our account!:frown:
I'd like to invite him up to Maine where I am at the moment but I haven't found any stripers worth the effort. Of course a hot largemouth bite in the pond has kept me from trying too hard to find stripers. If Steve wants to tie up some deerhair bass bugs [red and green are the ticket], have him give me a call on the cell.
Otherwise good luck slingin those pencil poppers at the ditch.;)

jfbasser
06-22-2007, 08:09 PM
He told me today that someone from RI is taking him fishing off Newport tomorrow in their boat...He is a happy camper because he has never fished that area before.

RayStachelek
06-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Capt'n Rene is the man who hooked up Slinger.
He called me and I forward Steve's cell number.

Glad it's working out.