Two different Shad reports [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Two different Shad reports

shadfreak
06-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Thursday Quentin joined me from a eveningss fishing for Shad. We saw a bunch of fish but caught only two and one smallmouth bass. It was a beautiful evening and a nice time getting to know Quentin better. I'm sure we'll fish together again, maybe for Pike. I bet that will be a different story.

Friday morning a friend Dan Harrison called and said we are on the river and we have room in the boat if you want come along. Knowing how nice it is to fish out of his Aire Raft and never having floated the stretch I jumped at the chance. The fishing was slow but consistent with the tree of us catching about a dozen shad and eight or nine smallies. My biggest smallie of the day was just under 18 inches caught on a Clouser. The Shad fishing is almost over they are getting tougher to catch every day. I always get bummed when they are gone but they give me another reason to hang around for another year.

Larry
Today the melancholy Shadfreak, tommoro the rabid Striperfreak

Quentin
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for having me out and helping me get my first American shad on the fly rod :cool: . That's a beautiful fishing spot and I can see why you do well there. Just watching the fish go by and getting the occasional follow or hit or brief hookup is amazing. I can only imagine what it's like when they aren't being quite so fussy :Eyecrazy: .

Q

shadfreak
06-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Glad to have you along. See you soon.
LArry