parts for old Lamson reels? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: parts for old Lamson reels?

mikez
06-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Anyone know where I can find replacement parts for the original Lamson reels?

juro
06-10-2007, 02:34 PM
waterworks idaho last I heard

those cows burning you up eh?

mikez
06-10-2007, 04:50 PM
You think Waterworks has parts for the old ones?
Last time I talked to them, to find out if they were honoring the lifetime warrenty of the original manufaturer [nope], they didn't seem too interested in the old reels. They did offer me a discount on a new reel though. It brought the price down to the lower end of out of my price range.:roll:

As a matter of fact, the cows did bust my reel. One extra long, fast run broke the spring on the clicker. The reel still works fine but the drag is silent. Fighting big fish is kinda like love - the noise is not neccessary, but it makes it more fun!:lildevl:

Warren
06-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Mike,
In all probability that spring was an off the self part Lampson purchased from a spring maker. Maybe you can find a replacement elsewhere. Local Machine shop or tractor repair place might be able to help....maybe

mikez
06-10-2007, 07:56 PM
You're right Warren, I was actually thinking of fabricating one myself. Only problem is I dropped the pieces in the river when I took the spool off to see what was wrong with my reel.:o
I sent an email to Waterworks. Hopefully they'll have a solution.

juro
06-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I used to fish LP's as well, very few things to worry about - but now I just fish Danielssons and have zero worries. You might find an LP on the auctions sites. I think all the springs are the same for all models.

Warren
06-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Only problem is I dropped the pieces in the river when I took the spool off to see what was wrong with my reel.

Oh No...your Doomed:D

Eddie
06-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I wonder if Sage might be able to help? They owned Lamson befor WW.