Chatham June 9th [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham June 9th

Warren
06-04-2007, 05:06 AM
I am heading to the cape this weekend. Is anyone interested in meeting up?
I am going to head for SB & try out my new two hander (Read flail hopelessly) . Come one & all to see how a pro tangles his running line & hooks himself:hihi:

I am bringing the 9 wt too, I might even spend half a day Sunday on the flats if the weather is good.

juro
06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I can't say for sure but am pretty sure there will be someone around next weekend to fish with.

Where are you staying? We usually go with Matt at the Stone Horse. Stop in the Squire for dinner and you are likely to see forum folks as well.

if I recall you got the 9/10 atlantis and the outbound 10wt intermediate line correct?

Warren
06-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Juro,

Somehow, I have the good sense to know, "Forum Decorum" dictates that one stays at the Stone Horse and seeks fellow forum mates at the Squire for a wee dram of Single Malt.:D legend has it you will be left behind by the good captain if you fail to comply:hihi:
Dunno if it's true or not but this kid is taking no chances:D
I have stayed previously with Matt & Missy due to the recommendations I read here, real nice folks, clean rooms and reasonable rates.

I ended up with the Oceana 11/12 wt & some Airflo beach line, a sinker and an intermediate. I'll start there & see how I do. I hope to get out to to the local pond tomorrow & Wednesday evenings to throw it around some.

I had to make due with a borrowed Bauer MX5 reel till my HD 11thirteen arrives so I only have the intermediate spooled up now. No spare spool

PopnesetBay
06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Warren'

Check your PM's. Good luck on starting a "new adventure". As a "newbie" 2- hander, welcome to a state of total confusion.

Pete