first fish on a fly! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: first fish on a fly!

Fishaholic69
05-21-2007, 11:21 PM
ok its not the hugest fish. but its my first on a fly! its either a large or small mouth bass! I also caught 2 bluegills! boths were pretty decent size! here is a pic of my lil bass i caught. i used a gold hares ear nymph with no beadhead and a indicator! i am hooked now!! lol http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/HomeBoyMatt69/my1stflyfish.jpg

shadfreak
05-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Hi
You have just caught your first large-mouthed bass on a fly and joined a cadre of truly obsessed people. We can go from looking like eager children on Christmas Eve to sullen wet Zombie like creatures in a few short hours. But I have to admit itís all worth it and Iím sure that youíll make a good new addition to the fly caught damned.
Welcome and good luck
Shadfreak aka Larry

Fishaholic69
05-22-2007, 12:05 PM
thanks man! i will be going fly fishing again today! keep u posted! taking my waders this time!

Fishaholic69
05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
caught 7 fish yesterday. they were either creek chubs or shad? one was even bigger than the largemouth i caught.. used the same gold hares ear as the day before.

shadfreak
05-23-2007, 02:01 PM
You have entered a periles path turn back while you still have your sanity.:chuckle:
Larry

Fishaholic69
05-28-2007, 12:15 AM
but i don't wanna! :hihi: I went again today and got me 2 gills one was a big mofo! it wanted to fight a lil tho lol. gotta love the lil juke move the gills do. they swim in circles trying to get away. what a fight! :chuckle:

flier
05-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm a new fly guy too. I never thought I would have so much fun with blugills. I must have caught a dozen with the same blue dunn today. lol love it. Next weekend I'm gonna take out the new float tube!!! Can't wait.
Congrats on that Bass!!!!
Hopefully I'll get my first Largemouth this weekend to join ya!:smokin:

Tom

Fishaholic69
05-29-2007, 12:07 AM
today we went out! we caught fish only late at night. almost lost a fly! i even took of the waders and swam in 10 foot deep water to get my fly back. haha. guess i am crazy. i am happy tho. at 1st during the day we caught one bluegill (cousin) and one chub (me). later tho at 8:00 we started to bang um! ,my cousin caught 23 bass/gills with a beaded hares ear tan. and then i used a prince nymph to bang 6 or 7 fish. all gills except for a rock bass or smallie? (red eyes but like a smallie with no black band) and yes believe it or not a 2 or 3 pound cat!!! oh yes!!! and on a prince nymph! this baby took my line into the reel and made about 5 or 6 great runs! nothing over 20 yards or so but this got me the feel for the hard hittin steelies! i tried to take a pic only to realize my phone wasn't in my pocket! but after i realeased i notice its in my other freakin pocket!!~! . but oh well i took a brain picture instead lol. wish i could of took the pic! another thing about fly fishing i like i had my one gill swallow my hook only to pop it out like nothing with my forceps! i have never had a fish die from swallowing the hook. to me thats awesome! i am not about harming anything i am not gonna eat. well keep ya posted! i should prolly make another post! its not my 1st fish anymore lol.