Spring Clave - Sat Night Food Situation [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Spring Clave - Sat Night Food Situation

juro
05-17-2007, 05:33 PM
I plan to do the marinated steak tips and chicken kabobs again w/ rice pilaf and salad. Cost for the main entree should be less than $10/person as usual although I don't know for sure just yet.

Since it's possible that it will be raining - if anyone has an awning please bring it - otherwise the gazebo will work but we'll need to have an extra grill because the other one is fixed into the ground. I will call Matt to ask what options there are for cover although the forecast is for light rain and mild temps.

If anyone wants to chip in bring:

- appetizers
- other sides
- desserts
- apertifs, cordials and brewskies

Nothing seems to go to waste, but don't go overboard either.

Again if you have any musical instrument / talent bring them along!

It's a very casual thing but a bit of attention to detail is what makes it work - and it's worked well every year so far so lets keep it going.

Questions? Fire away.

Bigcat
05-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I am in for a dessert, Mary is going to whip up a batch of brownies.

FredA
05-17-2007, 06:04 PM
I'll try to scoop some smoked fish at Ring Bros.

jimS
05-17-2007, 06:13 PM
There are extra grills available. I'll plan on additional charcoal, dessert and supporting you in prep and cleanup.

Dave17
05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
As always, I'm on the tuna:smokin:

juro
05-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I will also include some basic appetizers and some kind of dessert item in the dinner plan... but no way will it compare to Dave's ahi, Fred's smoked fish or Mary's brownies.

Economies of scale (more people) will make the $10 go a little further this year so I will find some items that fall within budget while at Costco.