is this a good setup? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: is this a good setup?

Fishaholic69
05-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I have a 5/6 weight cheap 20 dollar martin combo but after reading up I seeI need a 8wt for the steelhead around here instead of this 5/6 rod.. so I was looking at a 8 wt rod for steelhead fishing. wondered if this would be a good combo? plus its on sale for 61 dollars. wondered if anyone tried this brand and what they think of it. I am not rich either so I don't really wanna spend over 100 bux if I don't have too. so will this catch steelhead or not? I went cheap the 1st time to see if I could cast and even fly fish. but now I don't want to buy some crap or get ripped off. heres the link. it also seems to have a disc drag system reel. is this is way better than the rim contolled single action that came with my 20 dollar rod setup? I guess what I am tryin to get at is this even worth the money? there are from bass proshops. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&partNumber=93216

Fishaholic69
05-07-2007, 11:07 PM
don''t matter anyways its freakin sold out! not that anyone would help u outta the hundreds of people on here anyways