No Cookie Cutters Here... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: No Cookie Cutters Here...

FredA
05-05-2007, 07:35 AM
...just small and smaller. Right on que, mid cape way upstream, the jellies are floating by on the outgoing, the holdovers have emerged from thier deep holes and they won't let you quit. Throw your line out to reel in and you get bumped. Now all we need are a few arm togglers.

Paxton
05-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Fred...Garry and I hit Stage Inlet and the tub....Stage dead...at the tub we got a few twinkies each. Herring all over the place...not proudly, we each snagged a couple just casting.
More interesting, although it can't be engraved in stone by just one day's experience.....was the flow of water in and out of the tub (lack thereof)......major slow!!!!! 4hrs into the incoming, the flats in front of Outetmost were covered no more than about 30 %....no force of currrent noticed. Not sure if this was due to a normal lunar slow moving tide or the closing of the southway...but it definetly was unsual. Even at the inlet....3 hrs into the incoming...not a single rip or even ripple formed...just a slow steady rise of water. There were a scattering of sandeels in the 2 inch range...even the birds were asleep.
Ron

FredA
05-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Late in the day saturday the wife, daughter and son-in-law took a walk down the refuge. Walked down to the corner. A few birds harrasing bait way out but it looked a bit dead. At the light the water was moving, about mid outgoing I guess. Took a look at Elsies pasture and preachers point. Interesting looking water. The sea fare at squires was good. I had the chatham ciopino, just loaded with goodies.

But enough of this tour guide crap, I want to fish. Word I got, fish are in solid at the BBay and the canal.