Runoff ? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Runoff ?

Rippin_Lips
05-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Maybe it's due to runoff in the west but the trout bums around here sure have been quiet recently!

Runoff has made it's mark around Yellowstone! The Snake is a mudy mess, all thr tribs are gone, the South Fork's flows are increasing 500cfs a day, the Henry' Fork and Tribs----rising and off color, Madison....., Big Hole.....,.................

Lakes are apparently fishing well! Around here, (Jackson WY), most ice is gone and reports are telling of cuttys and Lakers in the shallows.

What are your rivers/lakes looking like?

Dble Haul
05-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Our rivers and lakes are still quite high from the nor'easter we had a few weeks ago. The levels have dropped significantly and the water is starting to clear, but they still have a ways to go.

Some of the smaller streams had record high flow levels.

edsly42
05-04-2007, 12:47 PM
rippin lips, have you hit any of the lakes? I was thinkin of hitting one w/ the float tube in GTNP this wkend that I know is ice free.

Rippin_Lips
05-04-2007, 02:23 PM
rippin lips, have you hit any of the lakes? I was thinkin of hitting one w/ the float tube in GTNP this wkend that I know is ice free.

Nope. I've been working too much! I did drive up into GTNP on 5/1 and found Jenny, String, and Jackson Lakes to be relatively ice free! I might get out this weekend if my wife doesn't have house cleaning/organizing plans for us! ???

The report from the West Jellystone/Ennis/Bzn area is that most lakes are going off! I know a bunch of guys headed up to Wade Lake this afternoon. I'll give a second hand report Monday.

The Riverton - Thermopolis area lakes should be outstanding if you don't mind the drive!