FS LOTS of Flies [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FS LOTS of Flies

Mildot
05-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I have a large fly collection to sell. I no longer fly fish and these are all brand new never wet flies that I stockpiled when I went WAY overboard buying fishing gear.

I have a total of 505 flies and 8 Myran fly boxes. There are 72 different patterns. Everything is in brand new condition and has never left the house. I kept a small box in my travel bag with flies I used.

I sold my rods and reels on Ebay and just found this forum today and thought someone might like these flies before I listed them there.

I paid around $1,350 for the flies and boxes and will take $480 for everything and I will pay for shipping in the States.

Thanks, Mike

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/MBaugh/Flies.jpg

Rippin_Lips
05-02-2007, 10:25 AM
That's a lot of flies for someone who doesn't fish!

Dble Haul
05-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I don't think that $480 will move those flies here. Come down on your price by about 50% and you might get somewhere, or consider selling separate boxes.

I'm not discouraging your effort; rather, I'm trying to give you a realistic impression of how things would play out better for all involved.

Mildot
05-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I might just give them to a local boy scout troop if they don't sell, maybe get some new kids into the sport.

I thought I would just try here first.

Thanks, Mike

Dble Haul
05-02-2007, 03:24 PM
That's a wonderful idea. Good luck either way.