Sage TXL #1 (my next rod) [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sage TXL #1 (my next rod)

ChileanAngler
04-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Guys

I´m an angler from this southern country, "Chile", and in few day i will put the money on a sage TXL #1 7´10´´ for fishing small streams, I will buy it in Anglers-pro.com, anyone can give me their opinion or experience with this little rod?
Well, thank´s for all, and EVERYONE is invited to expend fishing time on Chile (Patagonia), we have really nice spring creeks and big rivers, a lot of insects and amazing hatches.

Best Regards
ChileanAngler

flyinsalt
04-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have never cast one of those rods, but have heard good things, so can't give first hand advice. Hope to get to Chile one day, it's on my list of things to do.

Warren
04-28-2007, 04:15 PM
My friend has a TXL 00 Wt rod I borrow on occasion. It is a sweet little rod & it easily landed a 12 inch rainbow. It will throw a dry fly surprisingly far even in a moderate wind.
I can not imagine a 1 wt would be bad. as a matter of fact I bet it is just as nice as the little one

ChileanAngler
04-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Thank´s for your comments, I will post a thread when I receive my rod :cool: ,
please keep posting your experiences with this rod.

Best regards
ChileanAngler

ChileanAngler
05-05-2007, 04:07 PM
And finaly I invest in the rod, the TXL #1, I hope this will be great for some medium to small streams here in Chile, now we are in the rainy season but in november I will go out there and catch some browns on a size #20 or #18 fluttering drab caddis :chuckle: .

I´ll post some pics when the rod arrive.

Best Regards
ChileanAngler.

jb789
05-08-2007, 07:18 AM
i have had a 00 weight for over 1 year now and love it. i use it in the mountains of north carolina, and have caught trout over 18" with GREAT FUN!! sage makes a quiet taper fly line (floating) that works very well. below is a web site from a fellow that uses these rods and promotes ultra light fly rodding. you might find this interesting.

http://www.byrdultrafly.com/index.htm

my rod is the SLT model, but i don't see much difference between it and the XLT. i'm sure both work well. good luck with yours.

also, i'm planning an extended trip to patagonia this december thru february 08, and am hoping you would help with some local info. i will pm you with my email address.
regards, jb

ChileanAngler
05-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi JB

You must come to chile to enjoy this beautiful country, and please email me and I will give you usefull information about really hot spots. :hihi:
What kind of fishing do you like more? Here we have all, from big chinook salmons to little browns and brookies in mountain ridge springcreeks.

Best regards
ChileanAngler