Weather sucks may as well wrap rods [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weather sucks may as well wrap rods

Striper
04-17-2007, 01:09 PM
http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=25182

I have been wrapping and re-wrapping like a madman.
This is some of the most fun I have had off the water in a long time. The rods I have done so far have come out quite nice and I have surprised even myself at how well they have turned out. I have done 5 rods so far 4 re-do's and one complete tear down and conversion to conventional from spin. I am picking up a Renzetti Rod lathe later this week from a local guy for short money, I walked into this deal and it is one of those once in a great while type deals you find when you least expect it. The lathe cost $1,000+ new and I am getting it for under $500. It is an older model but supposedly has all the accessories and has been covered and unused for quite a long time. This thng should increase my efficiency and time to finish alot. Other than that have not been doing much, did make it to the RISSA show and saw Capt. Ray. Talked with him and Tony Stetzko for quite awhile, first time meeting Tony and I found him to be very friendly and approachable. Capt. Ray has some very nice flies coming out of the Cast-A-Fly dungeon and all of this free time he has on his hands has caused a serious fly tying resurgence in him. Very cool to see him so excited and hyped up about his current activities. Hoping to get out and fish some time soon, if the weather would just stabilize we might actually see a bit of spring before the oppressive heat moves in. My boat is in for some fiberglass work and should be done by weeks end.

FishHawk
04-18-2007, 04:50 AM
Mike, I built a new T&T 8wt this Winter and it made the time fly. Will test out the rod durning the Clave. Hope you can swing by if not we'll see you in your home waters hopefully this season. FishHawk