What could one expect in Seattle in late August? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: What could one expect in Seattle in late August?

fliboy
04-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Going to be headed to Seattle to pick up some Red Sox games, as you can't even get tickets for home games (in my opiion due to those "legal" ticket scalpers - but that's not a discussion for this forum). I've always wanted to experience either Steelhead or Salmon, but can never keep it straight what the primo time.

Thanks

Dave

D3Smartie
04-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Your best bet IMO would be fishing the beaches for returning silvers and pinks. The pinks return on odd years so they should be plentiful here in 07.

Eric
04-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't know how far you want to travel, but late August is prime time for summer steelhead on the Deschutes. Closer to Seattle, those beaches above will also be home to sea-run cutthroat. They're not huge, but they're fun.

-- Eric

juro
04-10-2007, 04:22 PM
August is a good time for summer run steelhead around the state - cascades, columbia and peninsula. Fish very early in the morning and try again in the evening but the fish will survive better after a long fight in the morning.

If you are just fishing, then plan a circuit around one, two or three of the above. if you are just fitting some fishing in then focus on one area.

also the saltwater salmon fishery is on then. You will need to rent a boat but the action can be hot in good years.

as the dates approach let me know and i will give you some inside skinny

flytyer
04-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Dave,

You have a private message.