South Platte [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Platte

Brad
04-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Hit South Park waters with the kids for a couple of days this week over spring break. They were real champs, even let me fish for about an hour. Caught this colorful fish, low water, hence the mud. I learned the hard way do not wet wade the South Platte in April.

sforkute
04-07-2007, 10:55 AM
That is the best way to learn now isn't it?:)

Colorado Cajun
04-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Nice! I hit the Ark this weekend and it was awesome! Do you fish Spinny Res.? It opened on Sunday.

Brad
04-09-2007, 05:58 PM
I heard Spinney Res opened on Easter Sunday and a lot of folks were unhappy since they missed the opener due to the short notice and falling on a holiday. I have never fished it but want to give it a try. I personally enjoy running water. I heard the Ark is fishing well. I try to get down there once a year but it is about a 3 hour drive to Spinney and even farther to the Ark for me. I would guess that caddis will start moving around this week or next down low. Also we drove home past Deckers Friday and it was ripping.

Colorado Cajun
04-10-2007, 12:06 AM
I talked to my buddy who owns one of the shops in town. He got a report from someone who said there was only about 14 boats on Spinny, Sunday. He also said that the fishing was slow. They must still be in winter mode.