Fly Fishing Forum banner

6th Annual Rhody IceBreaker

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  RayStachelek 
#1 · (Edited)
6th Annual Rhody IceBreaker
Saturday, April 28th, 6:00 AM to noon - Fishing
Barbecue 1:00 PM
High tide: 6:21 AM

Now that we are in the month of April, it's time for some hard numbers. So far there seems to be plenty of interest and help with boats. That's great news! Last year was a blast fishing from boats. It was a new concept we hadn't tried before. The IceBreaker was held much earlier in previous years. Most of us wouldn't have our rigs ready by than. With a later date, we caught more fish in numbers with some size mixed in too. The weather in late April is much warm for an outdoor hamburger/hot dog fling.

Most of the fishing will be done pretty close to the ramp, so there won't be a lot of running around. This will keep the expense of gas down for most captains. We fish the morning and meet afterwards say 1:00pm at my house. I start pulling my boat at 12:00 noon to get things started. There is plenty of parking for cars and trailers too, both at the house and ramp. All are welcome to attend any/or all portions of the day's events. You need not bring anything to the barbecue. All food will be supplied for free. You might want to bring something to snack on while on the water. With the larger numbers of intended fishers this year, I will put out a donation jar to off set the expenses of the Fly Fishing Forum. It's strictly volunteer.

Good fly patterns - Clousers, (chartreuse, olive, and yellow), white deceivers, alewives patterns, bucktail flies, and jellyfish patterns.

See less See more
#3 ·
Glad to hear that Capt. Ray talked JimW into comming down for the day. Looks like an illustrious line up. Barring any traumatic weather events the fishing will be worthy of iembic pentameter.
Slinger
PS I may be able to lure another member with a boat for a appearence.

#6 ·
6th Annual Rhody Icebreaker

If a shore-bound (maybe 'yak bound?) additionb is OK, I would love to head up for the fun! Can also contribute goodies to the lunch as needed...just let me know.

Best regards,

-Doc Duprey
aka, The Phly Phishing Pharmacologist:cool:

#10 ·
Excellent news. Really looking forward to this..now to get the boat out before then to make sure everything is a go!

#14 ·
Roster and Boat Details modified as of Sunday, April 22nd.

Slinger (boat) Jfbasser & Bonefishmon
Capt Ray (boat) RhodyFlyGuy & Adrian
Sean Mc (boat) Porkslice & MikeZ
JimW (boat) Sean R. & Juro?
Nick (boat) Fred A
Capt Rene (boat) Bigcat & one open slot
DaveP (boat) Warren & Shaialude

More information will follow as the week progresses.
PM's will be sent out Friday regarding meeting place and directions.

#15 ·
Guys,

Check your PM's on this site.

Information and directions regarding the 6th Annual Rhody IceBreaker was sent out Wednesday evening.

This is the current registration to date as of Thurday morning.
Take note of this and know your boat detail. This information wasn't contained in the packet that was sent out.

Roster and Boat Details

Slinger (boat) Jfbasser & Bonefishmon
Capt Ray (boat) RhodyFlyGuy & Adrian
Sean Mc (boat) Porkslice & MikeZ
JimW (boat) Sean R. & Juro?
Nick (boat) Fred A
Capt Rene (boat) Bigcat & one open slot
DaveP (boat) Warren & Shaialude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.