I want one of these really bad [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: I want one of these really bad

Colorado Cajun
03-28-2007, 12:55 PM
... But I can't find any information on it on the internet. It's called a Power Float and it has a Minn Kota motor built in it. Does anyone know anything about it?

teflon_jones
04-08-2007, 07:40 PM
What information exactly are you looking for? I can find places that sell them, but not a spec sheet.

Colorado Cajun
04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Their is one site only on the internet, the one I got the picture from that has any info on them. I contacted the owner of the site and he doesn't have a clue on where to get one from. If you know of someone selling them, please let me know. Thanks a bunch,

teflon_jones
04-10-2007, 04:01 AM
There was one listed on eBay a while ago, but the starting bid was $900 plus $200 for shipping! There were no bids on it. I PM'ed you the link to it since I don't think I can put eBay links on here.

Here's contact info for the company too. It doesn't sound like it ever made it past the prototype stage or maybe the first production run. Who knows if this contact info even works any more. I don't think that email address is valid any more...
The Summit Company
832 San Nicolas Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Tel: 714-536-3531
Fax: 714-536-0138
sales@powerfloat.com

Colorado Cajun
04-10-2007, 11:07 AM
There was one listed on eBay a while ago, but the starting bid was $900 plus $200 for shipping! There were no bids on it. I PM'ed you the link to it since I don't think I can put eBay links on here.

Here's contact info for the company too. It doesn't sound like it ever made it past the prototype stage or maybe the first production run. Who knows if this contact info even works any more. I don't think that email address is valid any more...
The Summit Company
832 San Nicolas Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Tel: 714-536-3531
Fax: 714-536-0138
sales@powerfloat.com

Wow! Thanks for the info. That is more then I was able to find out. I had gave up hope on one so I had recently bought a Fish Cat 9. I'm going to look into this though and check it out. Thanks again!

teflon_jones
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm good at digging up information. :) I worked for the Dept of Defense for a while on classified projects and it was my job to dig up information on other countries....... ;)