Cape Cod National Seashore [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Cape Cod National Seashore

bigcat988
02-07-2000, 10:51 AM
The Cape Cod National Seashore plans to increase fees for oversand vehicle permits this season.
The cost of a weekly permit will increase from $35 to $40.Annual permits will increase from $60 to$65.
Annual self-contained will increase from $100 to $110
The permit price is based on the cost of managing the vehicle permit program. the last increase was in 1996.

juro
02-07-2000, 02:17 PM
Let's not tell them this but I'm one who thinks this is still a heck of a bargain. I've walked up and down the race a few times and look forward to getting my permit this year.

Thanks for the update,
Juro

bdowning
02-07-2000, 07:48 PM
I agree with Juro and I'm strictly a hiker (although I've been known to thumb a ride)!

If you don't think it's a bargain, call the Town of Orleans sometime and ask them what an ORV permit costs for Nauset.

-bd

grego
02-23-2000, 09:38 AM
BigCat,

I Assume that you are talking about the Race Point Permits,
Correct?

bigcat988
02-23-2000, 09:47 AM
Grego,

Yes that was for Race Point.

juro
02-23-2000, 09:48 AM
I believe the Nauset passes are $160-ish. Although it is a rip compared to Race Pt, I am considering it because of the love of that beach my family shares. I hope it might lead to more excursions with my family instead of our typical mornings and evenings apart when down Cape. The Nauset public pass does not get you into the south side of the Inlet, where the best fishing is. I've been lucky to get out there with nauset guide Sean Fields and have had the pleasure of chatting with Tony Stetzko when out there. Terry's right, we sure have a great asset right here in the Bay state!

mccaff
02-23-2000, 09:52 AM
How limited are the Nauset passes? $160 is a bit high but we use that beach about 25-30 times a year so it'd be worth it. Also where do you get them?

JohnM
02-23-2000, 09:56 AM
Great topic ! Would it be worthwile for us to list out where some of the "drivable" beaches are and what your rig would need to have and the costs, who do you call,etc ??

John

Bobp
03-06-2000, 02:24 PM
I'll be picking up my Sandy Neck Pass in two weeks. Years ago before the expensive fee system I use to drive the outer cape frequently. I'll be picking up the National Seashore pass later.

You can expect some shuttle offers later or a contact number once I get the pass (Hey Bob I hear the stripers are in ...... care to drive out?

juro
03-06-2000, 04:19 PM
Bob -

Nice job on those flies...
<center>
http://flyfishingforum.com/articles/flyswap/rparsons.jpg</center>

They look like they're gonna swim away!

What't the price of the Sandy Neck tag for non-res this year?

Juro