Sage SLT or so much for will power [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sage SLT or so much for will power

Warren
03-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I told myself I was not going to buy a new rod this year, But I could not help myself. :hihi:

I have been casting a few rods down to the local fly shop & toyed with the idea of buying a new trout rod. I was looking at the Z-axis rods pretty hard and they cast real nice. I like fast action rods for salt water fishing, but trout rods I like a little softer action.
I strung up a SLT 586-4 and threw it around some. It just seemed to fit my casting stroke real nice. So I took it home with me. So much for will power.

Now I really promise to not buy any more new rods this year:roll:

Now should I keep my old Sage DS-2 for a back up? :D

juro
03-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Well if you sell the DS2 you can buy another...

Greg Pavlov
03-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah, even if it's just another DS2: you might lose $20-$30 on the exchange,
but it's a cheap fix.

vtloon
03-23-2007, 07:00 PM
When buying a good new rod like that you're not giving the respect it's due unless you check out some new reels for it. (One of which will have the perfect balance, and you'll know your initial decision was right.)

Warren
03-23-2007, 07:35 PM
A new reel Huh?.....Hmmmmmmmmmmm . I suppose the electric bill can wait:chuckle: A Danielsson FW 2six or 4seven might smarten it up some:D

If I can ever get Ron Larson to call me back maybe I'll add a Danielsson FW to the list when I order a LW 8twelve for my 9wt salt water rod..............Oh my where does it end? I am pretty sure I will win because I will have the most rods when I die:hihi:

God I love this Fly fishing business:cool: