Passing of the torch... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Passing of the torch...

juro
03-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Adrian,

I think I speak for the entire readership when I extend a warm "thank you" for the years you put in as a moderator for the bonefish board!! Of the many contributions you've made the sailfish on the kayak will never be outdone :Eyecrazy:

It's with great pleasure that I annouce Petevicar as his successor in this role. I think his experience level speaks for itself.

Let's all show our thanks and offer a warm welcome to Pete.

Juro

Adrian
03-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks Juro.

I too wanted to publicly thank Pete for picking this up.

I'm sure everyone enjoys reading of his adventures around the world and his knowledge will help take this board onto new and greater things.

jimS
03-18-2007, 03:56 PM
It is exciting to see a world class fisherman takeover as moderator of this board. Adrian's shoes will be tough to fill, but I look forward to your contributions and to my learning curve for this type of fishery.

The GT in your avatar reflects your devotion and expertise.

jfbasser
03-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Adrian, your moderation of the bonefish board will be missed...you must have discovered that those little guys don't eat 9 inch Sluggos:smokin:

SteelBoneguy
03-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Well done! Now you can relax a little bit more :smokin:

Pete as always look fwd seeing ya around.

petevicar
03-20-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try my best to be worthy of this job.

I also find it interesting that the position of moderator on this forum has passed from one Englishman to another.

Adrian - I hope you will stay with us and help me out sometimes.

I'm sorry for lack of contact recently but I have been to Acklins.

I got back yesterday to find my wife redecorating part of the house, including my office. So no internet connection.

I'll try to get back to you tomorrow with my report on the Acklins trip.

Pete

jamie
03-20-2007, 05:06 AM
I also find it interesting that the position of Moderator on this forum has passed from one Englishman to another.
Neither of whom live in England!!

There are certainly few people I can think of who have Pete's breadth and depth of experience in fishing around the world.

Goose-uk
03-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Congratulations on your new role as moderator Pete, I can’t think of a better man, or one more experienced for the job. Hope you will still be able to find time for the “Bums”

Malcolm

Trevor B
03-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Pete
Congratulations on your new position I am sure you will do a fine job.
Ps. it was a pleasure to meet you and the other guys on Acklins last week
Tight lines Trev

tight-lines
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
You "DA" Man Pete!!!
thanks for all your help bud

Joe

Smcdermott
03-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Pete,

Really glad to hear you took on the moderator role. Adrian's sailfish from a kayak was definitely a great feat but I believe that GT in your avatar was actually caught on the fly right :lildevl: .

Sean

Adrian
03-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Pete,

Really glad to hear you took on the Moderator role. Adrian's sailfish from a kayak was definitely a great feat but I believe that GT in your avatar was actually caught on the fly right :lildevl: .

Sean

As I recall, the sailfish report was posted in the "Bluewater Extreme" section. But yes, it was caught on a live-lined mackerel :whoa:

Talking of GTs, I really gotta get me a job with more vacation time and get back to CXI where I have some unfinished business :smokin:

juro
03-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Sean makes a good point pete, I think if that GT came my way I would RUN!!!

petevicar
03-21-2007, 07:45 AM
The story about that fish is somewhere on this website.

Adrian
03-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Sean makes a good point pete, I think if that GT came my way I would RUN!!!
And they usually travel the flats in pairs :lildevl:

jfbasser
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Adrian, I can get you in touch with the crowd that uses GT spinning reels at the canal to land those Stripers in the moon tide rips on jigs if you need to practice closer to home:smokin: