Peak Fishing Vise [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Peak Fishing Vise

Striper
03-11-2007, 10:38 PM
http://www.peakfishing.com/PRV-G2.jpg

Pretty nice vise and at $150.00 it is comparable to others on the market. Anybody have one???

juro
03-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Haven't heard of that brand but it sure looks like it has all the right components for my preferences... in fact it's clearly modeled after the Renzetti which runs about the same price.

It has the cam jaws, but it's hard to tell from the pic if it's a SW grade or FW grade jaw. interesting though, looks solid.

Adrian
03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Nice looking vice.

I found a write up over on the flyfisherman magazine website and they rate it good value. Interchangeable Jaws with options for midge and saltwater retail at $35.

flytyer
03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
It's a good solid vise about the same quality and features as the Renzetti Traveler Cam.

Finni
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I have one and really like it. I have had mine for about two years now and tie everything from small midges to large winter steelhead flies.
If you tie small flies (18 or under) on a regular basis, I would definitely get the midge jaws. The standard jaws will hold the hook just fine, but the smaller jaws allow a little better access while tying in material. And if you go over 1/0 very often, I would opt for the saltwater jaws. Once again, the standard jaws can hold up to about 2/0, but the extra clamping power wouldn't be a bad thing.

Hope that helps,
Finni

Cole
03-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I have been using this vise for about 2 years now and I'm definately happy with it. Its engineered well, its bombproof and really easy to use. They used a carbon steel on the jaws (for hardness of course), but didn't anodize or coat them (maybe to save a little $), so they tend to show a little corrosion over time. That's perhaps my only complaint, as this vise holds hooks well and is a pleasure to use.