Switchfly Video [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Switchfly Video

juro
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Here is some awesome footage of the PR flats I fished with Brett Nowak. You might recognize the name from his pro hockey days, but he is an intense angler and a guy I am very glad to hook up with on the recent journey to Culebra.

Enjoy!

http://www.switchfly.com/vid_bones.html

(Brett - come on up to the spring clave in May!)

Rippin_Lips
03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Nice Work!

Wish I was there and not at work!

juro
03-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah it was gorgeous. Bones are BIG. Beach around the corner was idylllic. Loose mood downtown and good eats with cold drinks and huge tarpon cruising everywhere. Like pets.

Grilled kabobs at the beach concession area - $2 ea, and fresh pineapple pina coladas steps from sugar white sand and turquise water.

Permit the size of manhole covers and tarpon you could ride to Culebrita if they wouldn't throw yer ass off their gunmetal backs.

I need to go back now...

SteelBoneguy
03-09-2007, 07:55 AM
That was friggin SWEET! But I was surprised there was no fishing fighting video. At the end of the video did he hook up w/ that bone?

I do believe Culebra is a separate island. How long did it take to get to Culebra from PR and did you ride a ferry? What resort did you stay? If I asked to many que you can answer w/ a PM. Thanks for the tropical treat Juro. Finally going to hit 40 degrees for the first time in months.

juro
03-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Thank Brett

Yeah he hooked those toads but like me it's not easy to do video when the action is on or when you are by yourself. The last one in the sunset is an interesting story... he was bumped from his flight by vieques air so instead of stewing at the airport went over to the flats and got that pig bone. Nice save.

I have no action footage of the tarpon I battled despite lots of footage of tarpon before and after. Those suckers take both hands to battle.