Official Spring Clave Signup Thread [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Official Spring Clave Signup Thread

Smcdermott
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Please sign up here if you are planning on attending the spring clave. The dates are May 18th-20th. As we get closer we can figures out the logistics but having a nice clean thread will help those attending make it another great weekend on the Cape.

Sean

List of those Atttending:

Sorry about the formatting. Apparently copy and paste from excel was not as easy as I thought it would be. I will try and clean it up later but as of now we are at 28 with most attending most of the weekend.

Fri Sat Sun
Juro ? Yes Yes
VTLoon No Yes Yes
JimD (w/VTLoon) No Yes Yes
PEC54 Canal No No
Jims ? Yes Yes
Jfbasser Canal Yes Yes
Bonefishmon1 Yes Yes Yes
Bonefishmon2 Yes Yes Yes
Bonefishmon3 Yes Yes Yes
Jaime Yes Yes Yes
FredA Yes Yes Yes
Fishawk Yes Yes Morning
Titleguy and Friends Yes Yes Yes
Popnesetbay Yes Yes Yes
SeanR Canal Yes Yes
Sean Juan Canal Yes Yes
Guernseybass No Yes Yes
Walt Yes Yes Yes
LuckyT Yes Yes Yes
Adrian Canal Yes Yes
Flydoc Canal Yes Yes
Striblue ? ? ?
nmbrowncom Yes ? No
CSJ60 Yes Yes Yes
JayFraser Yes Yes Yes
desmobob Yes Yes Yes
Fleshfly Canal Yes Yes
GMFlyFish No Yes Yes
Rooster Partial Yes Partial

juro
03-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Great idea!

Count me in both days. Are we shooting for including Friday this year? A day off should be do-able for me by then barring emergencies at work.

Smcdermott
03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Juro,

Based on the other thread it looks like there are a number of folks planning on making it a long weekend. Lets assume Friday is a go and people can sign up and list the dates they plan on attending. I will be glad to update the first post periodically with the updated list.

Sean

vtloon
03-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Count me in for the 19th -21st (or so). The 18th is our anniversary; last year I was in Chokoloskee fishing for Tarpon on the 18th, but two years in a row probably won't fly.

PEC54
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Looks like just fri. the 18th for me this year,my niece is getting married that w/e.
PEC54,the flyfisherman formally known as striperstripper.

jimS
03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Sean, I'll be there on Sat & Sun, but not sure about Friday.

Incidentally, I would suggest that those coming from afar make reservations now at the Stone Horse. That will be the location for the springclave.

jfbasser
03-08-2007, 04:18 AM
Friday thru Saturday with Sluggos in hand:devil:

bonefishmon
03-08-2007, 04:50 AM
Three days.......three of us.

Phil

jamie
03-08-2007, 04:55 AM
Booked into the Stonehorse
In Thursday am, out Monday am.

FredA
03-08-2007, 06:07 AM
I'll probably be there on Sunday. Family affair may take me out of the saturday festivities.

teflon_jones
03-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Can't make it, I'll be in Vegas for a wedding. :(

FishHawk
03-08-2007, 06:46 AM
Fri thru Sun morning . FishHawk :smokin:

titleguy
03-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Tentatively Friday through Monday with some other Mainiacs. Staying at a friend's house on Stage Island though.:smokin:

PopnesetBay
03-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Fri morn early (Hope to get to SB if RipRyder running)
Sat and Sun
Reservations at Stone Horse done for Fri nite,Sat nite

sean
03-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Will be bumping around the canal doing some spey casting on Friday and then will do the SB thing on Sat and Sun.

Anyone interested in the joining us at the canal let us know. I know Basser is in and probably Paul and Adrian as well.

-sean

titleguy
03-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Sean- will there be instruction involved? I still need all the help I can get.:confused:

Sean Juan
03-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll be there...wait I'm already there...

I took that Friday off, and Sean I'd be very interested in seeing how you guys fly fish the canal.

Guernseybass
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
I will definately be there saturday and probably sunday too.

I have to take my good lady to Logan on Friday night, so I can't make the canal on Friday but I would have loved to.

if anyone wants to hook up before then, I was thinking of trying the Tidal Flats on the west end at low tide one weekend, to welcome our visitors back.

Mark.

luckyt
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Walt and Tom (luckyt) from the West Coast will be there for the clave dinner on Saturday for sure. Will also be fishing Friday, Saturday and Sunday somewhere, will wait for further details on events....Tom

Adrian
03-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm hopefully in for Friday - Sunday and will hook up with the Canal rats for the Friday session. I expect to be in Chatham in time for the evening "bite" both on the beach and at the Squire :lildevl:

Mark, we will certainly be making some "noise" on the big ditch before 5/18, so, keep an eye out here (and elsewhere) for announcements.:smokin:

flydoc
03-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm up for all three days- Fri, Sat, Sun. Would be up for a two-hander outing at the canal if there's room.
Flydoc

sean
03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
We can definitely do some instruction stuff as well for those who want to do it.

I can bring a ton of rods and lines and if we can get Juro to come he can as well. I now I would be happy to help some guys with some spey casting and I am sure Juro will as well if he can make it on Friday.

Paul C knows a lot about fishing the canal with the fly and the guy you want to watch for fishing tips. Basser of course knows the canal very well and can show us how to cast a conventional 300 feet :)

As for room there is plenty.

-sean

mcurtiss
03-08-2007, 05:56 PM
wish i could but i'm already taking a week off for southern VT fishing in June

jfbasser
03-08-2007, 09:29 PM
We can definitely do some instruction stuff as well for those who want to do it.

I can bring a ton of rods and lines and if we can get Juro to come he can as well. I now I would be happy to help some guys with some spey casting and I am sure Juro will as well if he can make it on Friday.

Paul C knows a lot about fishing the canal with the fly and the guy you want to watch for fishing tips. Basser of course knows the canal very well and can show us how to cast a conventional 300 feet :)

As for room there is plenty.

-sean

East turn at daybreak for killer topwater action....don't wait to see the breaking fish...in May you can call them up with a big plug.....Paul C is in charge of positioning the fly guys on some of the mussell beds on the Cape Side...I'll just cast from the service road:devil:

Adrian
03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
....don't wait to see the breaking fish...in May you can call them up with a big plug.....

Hmmmm, a little "bait-'n-switch" fun with the hookless teaser rig maybe? :smokin:

jfbasser
03-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Hmmmm, a little "bait-'n-switch" fun with the hookless teaser rig maybe? :smokin:

Ok, I will sacrifice myself and draw a few into the fly guys zone with a hookless pencil :biggrin:

grizz0707
03-11-2007, 07:40 AM
I am can not make it again due to my work schedule. tight lines everybody
fish we must

striblue
03-12-2007, 12:51 AM
I am in. not sure yet which days..but will stay at CAC... those who have no place can stay at CAC...depending on numbers...

nmbrowncom
03-12-2007, 06:54 AM
i epect to be in for either fri and sat or thurs and fri. i'm comming in from the so shore (hingham) if any needs a ride.

CSJ60
03-12-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm in... Friday - Sunday

jamie
03-12-2007, 11:08 AM
By my counting we're up to 21 at least.

Smcdermott
03-12-2007, 01:09 PM
By my counting we're up to 21 at least.

Guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting the running total updated. I just got back last night from a marathon drive down and back from NC to pick up my boat that was at the factory over the winter. I will try and get the list updated tonight.

Sean

desmobob
03-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Jay Frasier and I plan to attend. We're booked at The Huntsman from 13-20 May.

Can't wait to sample the fine food again!

Good fishing,
Bob

FleshFly
03-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I am in for Meeting up on Friday in the Canal with Spey in Hand, as for the weekend I already have plans for chasing trout up North. Would love to try and feel out other rods...and see some fellow Spey casters....

GMflyfish
03-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I would like to participate in the Spring Clave on Saturday and Sunday, 19,20 May. I've not been to one before, so don't know exactly what to expect I plan on additional days on the Cape earlier in the week, searching for the elusive striper. Can someone supply a phone number for the Stone Horse place? I'm assuming more details will be forthcoming as to what when and where.
Thanks. GMflyfish.

desmobob
03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Can someone supply a phone number for the Stone Horse place? I'm assuming more details will be forthcoming as to what when and where.
Thanks. GMflyfish.

http://www.stonehorsemotel.com/

(508) 430 2220

desmobob

Smcdermott
03-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Updated the list. We are at 28.

PEC54
03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Friday i will be at the canal throwing the spey rod and conventional gear,then Like adrian stated catching the evening bite in chatham.:chuckle: :hihi:

Chris
03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Drew and I will be there again. Arriving early Thursday and leaving some time Sunday. We always look forward to this one. Things pick-up here a little later, especially up-country, so it's an early kick-off for us.

rooster
03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
looks like lacrosse season will be over then, so Rooster should be a go!!
(PS- the wine made it safely from CA!!!):D

FrankF
03-27-2007, 06:36 PM
I will be there on the 18th, 19th & 20th. This warm weather is getting me itchy. I can't wait.

kennebecfly
03-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Chris and I are all booked at the Stonehorse 17th through 20th,This being my 5th Chatham clave I have grown to really look foward to this one! :D Fishawk the PX for breakfast on Fri ?:smokin:

FishHawk
03-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Drew I got a better place . Sandi's in Chatham Center . It's on the right hand side on main street as you head towards the light. Much better food. PX has gone downhill a little . As the time get's closer I'll contact you and Chris.
FishHawk:smokin:

jamie
03-30-2007, 06:39 AM
PX has gone downhill a little .FishHawk:smokin:
:eek: :eek: What you talkin bout Willis.

FredA
03-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Larrys' is what it is and always waz.

Fishhawk's just becoming a food snob.

striblue
03-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Atta Boy Fred...don't let him get away with that!...:) :devil: ;)

jfbasser
03-30-2007, 10:53 AM
I must have spoiled FishHawk by bringing him to Leo's:D

Fishing deteriorates as the distance from Leo's increases, as well.

We shall see this year! See you at Leo's AFTER fishing on Canal Day.

Adrian
03-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I must have spoiled FishHawk by bringing him to Leo's:D

Fishing deteriorates as the distance from Leo's increases, as well.

We shall see this year! See you at Leo's AFTER fishing on Canal Day.

Uh-oh - another one falls under the dark-side spell of the big ditch....

Watch out Bill, they will have you throwing 3oz jigs with pork rind before you can say "poached eggs on hash" :hihi:

juro
03-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Striper thumb from a level-wind reel doesnt' count :lildevl:

FishHawk
03-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Adrian he's been trying to get me into the plug thing for a long time now. If I do it I'll throw the casting egg with flies attached. The cook is better looking at Sandi's . :chuckle: That is if you like older women. FishHawk:lildevl:

jfbasser
03-31-2007, 06:06 AM
BTW, the Canal will be closed to fishing from Bell Rd to the Bourne Bridge (both sides) for dredging during the May 15th thru July1 period. So PEC54 will have to find us some spots a little further East for Clavin' :smokin: I am sure he has a few in mind...hmmmm

flydoc
03-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Isn't there a herring run just west of the Sagamore (Bournedale side), with connection to Great Herring Pond? I would think the area of the canal near the mouth of the herring run would be a hopping place that time of year, although possibly a bit crowded as well (ie bring safety glasses, and a hook removal kit).
Flydoc

Adrian
03-31-2007, 05:27 PM
The Bournedale Herring run is famous, some would say infamous! Spots are handed down from father to son, generation to generation and you venture onto someone elses rock at your peril. Waving a flyrod there would not be very smahht :lildevl: There are lots of other spots where the fly rod can be effectively deployed and not incur the wrath of the Canal Rats. They are actually a great bunch of guys and the area has a unique set of traditions and characters - like our very own Jfbasser :lildevl:

jfbasser
03-31-2007, 06:10 PM
The Bournedale Herring run is famous, some would say infamous! Spots are handed down from father to son, generation to generation and you venture onto someone elses rock at your peril. Waving a flyrod there would not be very smahht :lildevl: There are lots of other spots where the fly rod can be effectively deployed and not incur the wrath of the Canal Rats. They are actually a great bunch of guys and the area has a unique set of traditions and characters - like our very own Jfbasser :lildevl:

Nice seeing you at the RISSA show today Adrian...Slinger and I stayed most of the afternoon and bumped in quite a cadre from the Gibbs Canal Classic / Gibby Cup Group... I found a deal on an Lami Arra 126 1 MH wrapped for spinning " which is quite unconventional" for that blank which was specifically developed for the canal....Going up to 5 oz. jigheads on those Sluggos this year in order to be able to fish the increased current due to the dredging, and yes we still use lead in the canal:lildevl:

tight-lines
04-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Howdy fellas,
I think I might be able to get up there for this event.
would love to meet you guys and try a little striper fishing.
Could someone send me a short list of what I might need gear wise (fly line and fly selection) and what type of water you are fishing (surf, backwaters, both).
thanks
Joe

PEC54
04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
BTW, the Canal will be closed to fishing from Bell Rd to the Bourne Bridge (both sides) for dredging during the May 15th thru July1 period. So PEC54 will have to find us some spots a little further East for Clavin' :smokin: I am sure he has a few in mind...hmmmm

Ya this whole canal dredging thing kinda caught me off guard,I had heard rumers of it a while back but figured it would turn into all other so called definite going to be done government jobs,2 years ago they were supposed to dredge the mouth of old harbor creek,move the original jetty on the west side to the far east side of the mouth and this was supposedly a definite,it ain't happened yet.I'm gonna have to check my logs to see what location works best for that date as far as tides and accessibility, if we all have bicycles that will make it alot easier,as we could park behind Gallos skating rink or at the basin on the cape side ,on the mainland side we could park at the herring run and work our way west towards the campground there's a nice shallow area there that could accommodate quite a few of us,also east of the parking lot is a similar shallow area.

PEC54
04-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I 'm hoping the 18th being a friday will find more open areas to fish with the 2handers, since this will be a popular time with the herring arriving and usually a real good push of large striped big girls, we will be competing with other gear fisherman.

jfbasser
04-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Ya this whole canal dredging thing kinda caught me off guard,I had heard rumers of it a while back but figured it would turn into all other so called definite going to be done government jobs,2 years ago they were supposed to dredge the mouth of old harbor creek,move the original jetty on the west side to the far east side of the mouth and this was supposedly a definite,it ain't happened yet.I'm gonna have to check my logs to see what location works best for that date as far as tides and accessibility, if we all have bicycles that will make it alot easier,as we could park behind Gallos skating rink or at the basin on the cape side ,on the mainland side we could park at the herring run and work our way west towards the campground there's a nice shallow area there that could accommodate quite a few of us,also east of the parking lot is a similar shallow area.

The mud flats are only wadeable from 3 am till 7am on that date dredging or no dredging....not likely that we would have had an early crowd anywho:devil: You may have to give up some of your secret spots:biggrin:

GMflyfish
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I am hoping to attend the Spring Clave to pursue some stripers. I do not have any motel arrangements made yet, and wonder if anyone attending might want to share a motel room. That would be for Friday 18 May and/or Saturday 19 May. I have not yet tried to contact the Stone Horse motel yet, so do not know if they still have openings. I'll be driving to the Cape from central NY. Please post a reply or send me a PM if you have any interest in splitting a room.
Thanks. GMflyfish

Doc Duprey
04-08-2007, 01:44 PM
If it's not too late, I got the "go-ahead" for attending this year from She Who Must Be Obeyed...so I'll be up for Friday through Sunday afternoon. No boat...electrical problems, but I think the 'yak will be making the trip.

Home-made bread and/or rolls can be my contribution to dinner.

See you all then!

Best regards,

-Doc Duprey
aka, the Phly Phishing Pharmacologist:cool:

Adrian
04-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey Doc - where ya been hiding?

Glad your coming up!

I'll have the yak on the roof and Penguin is talking about a dunking for his new Hobbie plus Fishhawk and one or two others will be bringing their yaks.

We got us a flotilla already :smokin:

Dave17
04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off this year but it looks like it may happen at this point, I'll keep you guys posted.......

juro
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Please bring 6 flies to the Clave for entry into the First Annual Yardstick Striper Contest.

Your participation is important to this contest, thanks.

Dave17
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm in!!!! Everything fell into place, bought my tickets today!

juro
04-12-2007, 11:39 AM
She's a keeper Dave.

I'll get the cab from the Squire this time hehe

luckyt
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey Juro, have not heard anything yet on bringing to the clave your favorite fly for the appetizer contest. Should we plan on bringing appetizers only? What's your thought for this year? Tom

juro
04-12-2007, 12:35 PM
yes everyone bring something small == a lot / pot luck apps and desserts

Main dinner will be usual $10 feast (tips, chicken, sides)

will get headcount soon

flies - lets focus on yardstick contest this year for flies, visitors will be able to win up to three categories while there (first shore 36, first boat 40, best flies) or enter the rest during the year until almost end of year.

Quentin
04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I may be able to get in on this one too, hopefully all 3 days :D . Will confirm by early next week.

. . . flies - lets focus on yardstick contest this year for flies, visitors will be able to win up to three categories while there (first shore 36, first boat 40, best flies) or enter the rest during the year until almost end of year.

Hmm . . . What if the first 36 & 40 are caught before the 18th?

Q

juro
04-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Good point Quentin...

maybe the contest should officially start at the May Spring Clave since thats when the first category will get really going.

Makes proof of catch easy too.

Quentin
04-13-2007, 05:50 PM
OK, I'm there Fri - Sun :D . Can't wait!

Q

GregD
04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on the 17th and the 18th for sure and the 19th and the 20th are yet to be determined. I hope to see some of you there. Unsure if I'm going to try the canal or hit chatham right now. Will see what the weather and conditions bring as we get closer.

Greg.

fliboy
04-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Is it too late to sign up? If not, can someone PM me as to where base camp is?

I'm 99% I can make this one - it's been a while. Did start a business to get my son going, but right now, I've got that weekend blocked out for this event.

Thanks

juro
04-30-2007, 06:02 AM
come on down!

Stone Horse, read the threads for contact info or use stonehorsemotel.com

striblue
04-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Just a slight change of plans for me .My son graduates from College on Sunday the 20th...so my plan is to be down on Friday night, fish Saturday and attend Saturday night dinner...(maybe I can make any dinner plans on Friday night as well)... I will have to leave after the Saturday night dinner. Just wanted to clarify this for those planning on staying at CAC.... John

shadfreak
05-01-2007, 05:22 AM
I be there with a friend Friday - Sunday.
Larry

flydoc
05-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Larry- looking forward to hooking up with ya again.

?- any updates on when/where the Canal Rats group is going to be meeting on Friday morning? I heard the plan was to meet somewhere near the Sagamore end, as apparently the Corps is going to be doing some dredging near the Bourne Bridge.
Flydoc

Sephon
05-03-2007, 08:10 AM
The Big Fella is in. Booked my flight yesterday. I'll be there Saturday and most of Sunday. See ya soon.

-Chris

Dave17
05-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Nice, that's good to hear Chris!

My parents are coming up too. My father is going to fish Saturday and then I think they'll both probably stop in for a beer at the dinner.

Does anyone need a roomy at the Stonehorse?

GMflyfish
05-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Dave17,
I hope to participate in the spring clave (my first), and don't have any motel arrangements yet. I probably would be interested in splitting a room at the stonehorse on Saturday night (19th).
Thanks. GMflyfish

jfbasser
05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Larry- looking forward to hooking up with ya again.

?- any updates on when/where the Canal Rats group is going to be meeting on Friday morning? I heard the plan was to meet somewhere near the Sagamore end, as apparently the Corps is going to be doing some dredging near the Bourne Bridge.
Flydoc

check the "Canal the 18th" thread

jimS
05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Dave, looking forward to meeting your mom and dad. As they say, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

flydoc
05-03-2007, 08:06 PM
As they say, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Jimbo, that would certainly seem to apply to you and yours...great news that Chris will be joining us....any word from Brad?
Flydoc

Basser- I'll bring a "Box de Joe" and some doggynuts to the ditch Friday AM to sweep the proverbial cobwebs and get the caffeine/sugar fix cooking.....:Eyecrazy:

Sephon
05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately,

Brad will not be joining us for the Clave. He really wants to come, but just can't pull it off. I know how much he enjoys fishing the Cape, maybe next year.

Doc, are you fishing the Canal this year? Or are you heading to SB? I'm excited to see the new changes.

-Chris

Guernseybass
05-06-2007, 10:51 AM
does anyone know if this $90 special rate is per person or per room ?

i have called the motel 3 times but no answer - i was hoping to room with Jamie for one night, but we don't know if the hotel has matched him off or if he has the room with two beds to himself ?

any ideas fellas ?

Mark.

flydoc
05-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Chris- I'll be doing the canal on Friday, and Chatham on Sat/Sun. See ya then!
Flydoc

GMflyfish
05-06-2007, 02:21 PM
I am hoping to take part in the Clave coming up soon - my first. Is there any schedule for this? Meeting places and times? What goes on? Is some one person in charge of the event? Who?
Thanks. GMflyfish

Adrian
05-06-2007, 03:35 PM
does anyone know if this $90 special rate is per person or per room ?

i have called the motel 3 times but no answer - i was hoping to room with Jamie for one night, but we don't know if the hotel has matched him off or if he has the room with two beds to himself ?

any ideas fellas ?

Mark.

Mark

$90 should be the room rate. Sounds about right.

You should be fine.

Just two more weeks ......:smokin:

PopnesetBay
05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
GMflyfish

Please check your PM's

Pete Readel
PopnesetBay

rooster
05-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi Guys,
I am going to attend the Clave.
I'll be bringing wine and a smile!
See you folks soon.
Cheers,
DK

desmobob
05-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi Guys,
I am going to attend the Clave.
I'll be bringing wine and a smile!
See you folks soon.
Cheers,
DK

Glad to hear it Dennis! We thought we were going to miss you this year. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Good fishing,
Bob

PopnesetBay
05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Check for new PM

Pete Readel
PopnesetBay

jimS
05-07-2007, 10:59 PM
If you can't contact the StoneHorse via telephone, e-mail them. Their web site is stonehorsemotel.com. I was there last night and the crew, including the manager, Matt, are busily updating accommodations and the grounds for the upcoming season.

flydoc
05-08-2007, 05:20 AM
Jimbo- Glad to have you back on the Cape. Should I expect to run into you at the pick up for the 8 AM Rip Ryder on Saturday (weather permitting)?
Flydoc

jimS
05-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Doc Shep, was on the Cape Sunday and Monday to get out of Boston after a wedding. Since my wife was with me,no fishing, but a lot of looking. Of particular interest was the break on North Beach. Viewed it at high tide and it was huge.

Also of interest was the changes in front of Chatham light: a deep channel following the sand spit to the outside and the shoaling across the inlet. Subject to change of course, but currently it could be a great place to swing a deep eel on the outgoing.

I'll be on the Cape beginning the 18th.

juro
05-08-2007, 10:02 AM
For those coming east from the ditch and arriving on cape Friday, let's hit Harry's Blues Bar in Hyannis for dinner and a few cold ones Friday 18th.

I figure maybe start at 7:30 or 8:00 and head to the hotel whenever.

Please reply to the other thread for rsvp.

mjudge
05-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I just started following FFF, but I fish the Monomoy area often. Can you give me a little info on what the conclave is all about ... what you guys do.

Adrian
05-08-2007, 01:14 PM
We fish, fish, fish, fish some more and then get together for a grand cook-out at the Stone Horse Motel in Harwich on Saturday evening. And then we fish some more .....:smokin:

You can check out some of the past clave threads on the left hand scroll bar under "Top Stories" and you'll see what goes on.

Keep an eye out here for plans to firm up as we get closer to the date.

There is generally a big contingent who take the Rip Ryder across to the South Beach area. Depending on weather and prior 'scouting intel', folkls will hit the surf side or the inside. Some folks head to the Sound side, others venture up Nauset way.

The convergence back at Stone Horse for the evening session is a grand gathering where a lot of old friendships get renewed and many new ones begin.

mjudge
05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Well, it's on my calendar. Hopefully I can make it up. I have two new rods and I'm itching to test them.

I've looked at the satellite images of Monomoy ... looks as though the cut has returned.

flydoc
05-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I'll be on the Cape beginning the 18th.
I'll see you and Chris at the Clave then. Hopefully I'll C+R a few in your honor in the meantime:D

bnowak15
05-09-2007, 12:41 PM
my mom and i will be there on friday and saturday. watch out because my mom really knows how to catch some fish.

cwu
05-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I will be attending as well from Boston with a couple of buddies, look forward to seein you guys out there.

juro
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Just a reminder -

With this big list of attendees be sure to contact Matt at Stone Horse early (and often) to get the special rates.

The angler's rooms are two double beds recently done over and more than adequate for $69 / 2.

We have the function hall for Sat night. There are two grills. Squire will host the closing ceremonies :D

Also there are lodging options in the area with the most affordable being on the west side around Yarmouth... which is going to put you quite far from the action for a small savings but it's a good option if you are not splitting a room.

$6/night to camp at Nickerson, a gorgeous campground with fantastic trout fishing as well, not far from things in Brewster off 6A but then you need to bring a tent et al.

Stone Horse is the way to go for best value / location.

Dave17
05-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm all booked at the Stone Horse and have room for one so feel free to chime in if you need a place. No spooners:hihi: !

flydoc
05-10-2007, 07:25 PM
No spooners:hihi: !

"Those aren't PILLOWS!!!"- Steve Martin, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Flydoc

pacman
05-10-2007, 08:46 PM
I will be in attendence Saturday and night. Possibly Sunday.

I hope all is well. I am offering lodging to a limited number in Falmouth on Saturday night(no smoking or barfing). If anyone is looking to save $.

Yours in the Blond of Fly Fishing,

Pacman

pacman
05-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I will be in attendence Saturday and night. Possibly Sunday.

I hope all is well. I am offering lodging to a limited number in Falmouth on Saturday night(no smoking or barfing). If anyone is looking to save $.

Yours in the Bond of Fly Fishing,

Pacman

shadfreak
05-11-2007, 05:11 AM
Thanks Pacman I'd love to take you up on your offer. I will be at the CAC on Friday night but had made no plans beyond that.
Thanks
Larry

pacman
05-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Larry,

Welcome to the house of PAC!

Yours in the Bond of Fly Fishing,

Pacman

luckyt
05-12-2007, 01:16 PM
One more for the clave. A fishing friend from Florida will be joining us again this year at the clave. Please add Richie Fugman to the list of attendees. Thanks..Tom

juro
05-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Sean McD - Do you have the latest tally?

Sat Dinner $10 contribution.

Unless someone else volunteers I will pick up the steak tips and chicken at costco. Marinated and skewered kabob style. I still have lots of plasticware from previous years but need a head count to make sure.

Will get some pilaf and salad bags. If you don't like vinegarette BYO.

Appetizers, desserts pot luck but attendees should thank those who bring something with a fly on the 'fly plate'. Phil you can do this as you kicked butt last year.

If you play any instruments bring them along for the Sat Stone Horse jam session :smokin:

Smcdermott
05-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Juro,

I can go through the thread tonight and catch any I have missed. I am not attending though so if you are looking to set up a PM list or anything like that we will need another volunteer. Just completed a 2700 mile round trip journey to pick up a bass boat my buddy bought in FL off ebay this weekend so I am fishing local.

Sean

juro
05-15-2007, 08:38 AM
wow

thanks for the help thus far, I will pick this up from here.

Will post a tally at lunch break.

we'll miss ya at the clave

juro
05-15-2007, 12:13 PM
minus a few on the Sat event, varying schedules...

[Fri Sat Sun]
VTLoon No Yes Yes
JimD (w/VTLoon) No Yes Yes
PEC54 Canal No No
Jims ? Yes Yes
Jfbasser Canal Yes Yes
Bonefishmon1 Yes Yes Yes
Bonefishmon2 Yes Yes Yes
Bonefishmon3 Yes Yes Yes
Jaime Yes Yes Yes
FredA Yes Yes Yes
Fishawk Yes Yes Morning
Titleguy and Friends Yes Yes Yes
Popnesetbay Yes Yes Yes
SeanR Canal Yes Yes
Sean Juan Canal Yes Yes
Guernseybass Yes Yes Yes
Walt Yes Yes Yes
LuckyT Yes Yes Yes
Adrian Canal Yes Yes
Flydoc Canal Yes Yes
Striblue Fri Sat No
nmbrowncom Yes Yes Yes
CSJ60 Yes Yes Yes
JayFraser Yes Yes Yes
desmobob Yes Yes Yes
Fleshfly Canal No No
GMFlyFish No Yes Yes
Rooster Partial Yes Partial
Chris Yes Yes Yes
Drew Yes Yes Yes
FrankF Yes Yes Yes
Doc Duprey Yes Yes yes
Dave17 no yes yes
Quentin yes yes yes
GregD Yes ? ?
Fliboy ? ? ?
ShadFreak yes yes yes
SF friend yes yes yes
Sephon No Yes Yes
MJudge ? Yes ?
bnowak15 Yes Yes no
Bretts mom Yes Yes no
CWU ? Yes ?
CWU+1 ? Yes ?
CWU+2 ? Yes ?
pacman ? Yes ?
BIGCat yes yes ?
Juro ? Yes Yes

**** detailed planning to follow tonight ****

Guernseybass
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
slight change of plan for me, I am now booked in for both Friday and Saturday Nights at the stone horse.

so am now a Yes Yes Yes.

cheers

Mark.

Dave17
05-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Man, that's an impressive list. I'm a no on Friday night. I'm not going to get in until 2:00 am.

Offer still stands if anyone needs to split on the room. I may need some help from someone to pick up my key and hide it somewhere. I'm guessing Matt will be down for the night as I get in.

jimS
05-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Dave, send Matt an email reference your arrival time, and he will likely have a plan for late arrivals. He had done this for me in the past.

I'll be arriving Friday p.m. and probably be at the Squire in the evening.

Bigcat
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Bigcat on board:)
Looks like no work for me this week, so I'll make the two minute run to the Canal Friday.
Saturday I plan to launch the boat out of Sandwich @ 05:30 and fish the bay side,
there is room for two anglers on board if anyone is interested. I'll be hooking up with everyone in the evening at the Stone Horse.

Bigcat
05-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Wow, this forcast bites:eek: As it stands now, looks like I will be pounding the sand of Chatham.

Forecast as of 4:11 am EDT on May 16, 2007
Cape Cod Bay-
Today
SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt late. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Tstms likely this afternoon. Some tstms may produce frequent lightning and damaging winds this afternoon with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Tonight
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt around midnight...then becoming NW late. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Tstms with showers likely in the evening...then showers likely after midnight. Some tstms may produce frequent lightning and damaging winds in the evening. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Thu
N winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt around noon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Thu Night
NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt late. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers after midnight.
Fri
NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Showers likely in the morning...then showers in the afternoon.
Fri Night
NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Showers.
Sat
N winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt... becoming NW 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft... subsiding to 1 to 2 ft in the late afternoon and overnight. Showers...then showers likely. A chance of showers.
Sun
NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt until late evening. Seas 1 foot or less...then around 2 ft after midnight. Winds and seas higher in and near tstms. This product is normally issued twice daily at approximately 4 am and 4 PM...and updated as conditions warrant.
Coastal Water Temperatures
Place: Temperature:
No Stations Reporting

Open Sea Buoy Information
Place: Station ID: Water Temp: Wave Height
No Stations Reporting

FredA
05-16-2007, 06:22 AM
John, I'd have jumped all over your offer but I suck on a boat in the chop.

Looks like typical clave weather. As it turns out I would think the places with the best fishing potential will also be in the lee...optimism springs eternal.

jfbasser
05-16-2007, 06:45 AM
John, I'd have jumped all over your offer but I suck on a boat in the chop.

Looks like typical clave weather. As it turns out I would think the places with the best fishing potential will also be in the lee...optimism springs eternal.

I have 5 oz. jigheads for my Sluggos:devil:

juro
05-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Likely scenarios with the Harwich traps already filling with squid and the SW being strong at least thru tonight, surface temps on the inner Nantucket Sound same as Buttermilk Bay and a strong herring year, sand eels already in... south side in the lee... should be good fishing in some easy spots to fish around the area on the sound, harbor, and the refuge should be lit up as it was last week.

Not sure whether we'll get the "secret spring sauce" with the north wind, but one can hope. But we don't talk about that on line right?

Pleasant Bay up inside would be a good checkpoint but the water's been cold on the beach. I'll bet anything running north would go up inside the warmer bait-filled fingers as is usually the case when things chill down.

If the squid make an inshore apperance and the bunker are in the usual places, herring hanging around then someone may win the shore division of the contest as soon as it begins!

Well it's springtime... the fish are where we find them as they say and they are on the move.

titleguy
05-16-2007, 09:40 AM
You sure can pick the weather though Juro.:Eyecrazy:

juro
05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey this is a democracy. Blame yourself equally :lildevl:

titleguy
05-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I thought we were an autonomous collective, anarcho-syndicate commune?:chuckle: I am just now recovering from last weekend's windburn/sunburn (and trip to the Squire).:eek:

juro
05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
hahaha

Well one things for sure, the nasty weather makes the chowda taste that much better there!

See you this weekend.

titleguy
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Looking forward to it.:smokin:

Dave17
05-16-2007, 02:52 PM
A little 20 to 25 coming off the casting shoulder just makes each fish that much more enjoyable:lildevl:

Quentin
05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm on my way as soon as I throw all my gear into the car. ETA on cape 2:00 pm Thu :smokin: . Still not sure what my plans will be for Friday. If I don't bump into anyone on Friday I'll plan to be be at the refuge first thing Saturday morning. Cell# is 413-212-0689. Phone will be off so please leave a message.

Q

juro
05-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Come have dinner at the blues bar Q. See you then I'll buy you a drink.

juro
05-17-2007, 05:17 PM
These are the people who posted as definite for SAT DINNER. I will be buying food for this headcount so if you are not coming post your cancellation BY TONIGHT.

Likewise, if you are coming and are not listed post your confirmation by tonight as well.

Thanks.

In order of signup...

VTLoon
JimD
Jims
Jfbasser
Bonefishmon1
Jaime
FredA
Fishawk
Titleguy
Titleguy Friend
Popnesetbay
SeanR
Sean Juan
Guernseybass
Walt
LuckyT
Adrian
Flydoc
Striblue
nmbrowncom
CSJ60
JayFraser
desmobob
GMFlyFish
Rooster
Chris
Drew
FrankF
Doc Duprey
Dave17
Quentin
ShadFreak
SF friend
Sephon
MJudge
pacman
BIGCat
Juro

flydoc
05-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Juro- I'll be bringing my friend Glenlivet from Scotland...he's only 15 years old, but he's got alot of character:hihi:
Flydoc

bonefishmon
05-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Juro. My son and brother have canceled. I am a vegan so a salad will be most enjoyable. Looking for a few new harps today. In what key are any of the blues numbers you plan on? Old ones are a little rusty as am I but will practice on the way up. I was hoping to be there today but had a little trouble getting out of bed. Rain and bursitis in the shoulders.

Phil

cwu
05-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Sorry for the late cancellation, but i do not think that me and my two buddies will be able to make it for the dinner, but we will be up for the fishing. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there!

juro
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
No prob, thanks for the cancellation notice just the same.

Alright! Going to be a good one guys :)

petevicar
05-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Have lots of fun guys.
I am currently planning my trip to the Cape.
I arrive on May 29.
Save some fish for me.

Pete