Support your local clubs [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Support your local clubs

RayStachelek
03-05-2007, 11:34 AM
What a country!

Two fly fishing seminars this week at local clubs for "ZIP." Nada! Zero!
Anyway you look at it, it's a good deal. Help support your local fishing clubs.
They're the ones helping to protecting the enviroment and the watch dogs of political action.

United Fly Tyer's of Rhode Island
Wednesday, March 7th.
Meeting start at 6:30 pm with table tying
7:30 pm Presentation

Fly Tying Tips and Tricks is a Power Point program of information with some quality Micro photography.
Lecture includes history of some tools and helpful information to improve anyones tying skills.

Directions: (New Meeting Place)

Santa Maria DiPrata Society
29 Walnut Grove Avenue
Cranston, Rhode Island

For more information and directions go to: http://www.uftri.org/

Buzzsards Bay Anglers Club
Thursday, March 8th
Meeting starts at 7:00 pm.

Myth Busters : Catching a Trophy on A Fly delivers important information on how to prepare, scout, and find the most ideal locations to catch a striper over 25 lbs on a fly. There is also a montage of slides and music to follow that depict Life at Sea and the Changing Seasons of Our Lives.

Directions:

Linsale Inn

Interstate 195, exit 19A, straight to water; turn right; parking in rear. Or from Route 6, right at first set of lights in Mattapoisett

For more information go to: http://www.buzzardsbayanglersclub.com/

Capt. Ray

RayStachelek
03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Great time last night presenting before the Buzzards Bay Anglers Club. Thanks for the warm welcome and friendly hospitality. Quite different from the temperatures outside. It was 12 degrees in the parking lot.

The club has a lovely location and building. The meeting room may be small confines, but the coziness and the intimacy makes it a charming place to lecture. Very rustic with history and lore. Right on the shore of Buzzards Bay too. Can't beat that. So beautiful.

Had my share of hecklers. Slinger and J.B. took their pony act on the road. I guess that's slightly untrue since this is actually Johns local headwaters. Slinger kept waving DNA HoloFusion material at me all night long. He was easy to find with all that lumination. J. B. felt comfortable with some slides of natural materials. He really got excited when that topic of flat wings was discussed.

Hopefully it won't be long now before we hit the water. The worst of winter is behind us now.

Till we meet again or snag each others lines, best wishes for a "Great Fishing Season"

Capt. Ray

jfbasser
03-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Buzzards Bay show was a hit except for that photo of :smokin: Slinger:smokin: :devil:

JimW
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Wow, I haven't been checking the forum regularly. I missed out, would have loved to take in the presentation.