PNW/Seattle newbie visitor - April? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: PNW/Seattle newbie visitor - April?

dewey
03-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Hey All -

I'll be making a first trip to Seattle the last week in April. While this is mostly a family thing, I think I can scrounge up a day or two to go fishing. Can you suggest locales for a day-tripping, time-limited, cash-poor flyfisherman? Steelhead would be great, but i am also rather interested in sea-run cutt opportunities. This would be strictly DIY - guides are way out of my budget. Any good area overview sites you might know of?
Thanks!

Eric
03-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi, Dewey,

Just Google "sea run cutthroat puget sound" and a lot of helpful information will pop up. Local fly shops can also point you in the right direction.

I haven't fished Puget Sound for SCR's, but there should be knowlegible replies to your query very soon.

Cheers,

Eric

Todd Ripley
03-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Starts with an "S", ends with a "kagit"...and April is prime time.

Fish on...

Todd

andre
03-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Both the above are excellent recommendations depending on how much time you have. SRC of Resident Silver might be right around the corner from where you are staying.

What type of gear do you have that might help in recommendations? Where will you be staying?

dewey
03-05-2007, 09:38 PM
hey - Probably the only gear I'll be able to bring is a 9 1/2 ft seven weight, but a 5 or a 9wt are possibilities. Strictly on foot.
Not sure of the exact town - it's between seattle and tacoma.
thanks!