10 wt. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 10 wt.

peter-s-c
02-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Have a 10 wt. plus a bunch of other rods, however, the 10 wt. is a real poker. I wouldn't mind getting another 10 wt. with a bit more moderate action (made one just like this, then gave it to my son and he catches thiis HUGE striper on it, but that's another story).

So, any info on moderate actioned 10 wts. out there? Prefer a four piece.

rel1
02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
peter-s-c: Have you looked at the TFO professional series. They are a moderate action rod and in 4 piece configuration, and the price isn't bad for a decent rod. I have one a a backup and use it occasionally just to keep my timing with it. Hope this helps, Ron

peter-s-c
02-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks, I had completely forgotten about TFO. Checked their site and they have a few 10 wt. models and to top it off, the local fly shop carries TFO. I'll have to try one.

Greg Pavlov
03-09-2007, 11:48 PM
I think that the more moderate Sages are pretty good. And if you want
true moderate, you can have the Lamiglas I got at Nauset Angler last
year.

peter-s-c
03-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I think that the more moderate Sages are pretty good. And if you want
true moderate, you can have the Lamiglas I got at Nauset Angler last
year.

I'll have to give it a try. After writing the first post, on the Diamondback, I tried an Airflo 10 wt. line that really weighs a bit more than a 12 wt. Guess what? The Diamondback isn't a poker anymore -- now it feels more like a normal rod. Guess it's really a 12 wt. It'll be real nice for some of that shorter ranged surf casting.

Greg Pavlov
03-10-2007, 09:46 PM
So a 10 wt line works well on a 10 wt rod because both are
really 12 wts. What an industry :o