Bear's Den Show Wed FEB 7 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bear's Den Show Wed FEB 7

rosskess
02-03-2007, 12:53 PM
This Wednesday, February 7 is the ninth annual FREE Bear’s Den Show at Silver City Skateland. This Year Scott is having Lefty Kreh. I’ve met the guy about a dozen times and he gets nicer every time. In addition there will be throngs of tiers, manufacturers, guides, and a whole lot more.

This show is put on free every year as a thank you from Scott to all his customers. Our way of thanking him for all those crazy special orders we have is to show up and have a good time at the roller rink with him.

Show Hours: Doors open at 6:00Everyone out by 10:00
Show Address:
1 Lawton Ave
(Route 138)
Taunton, MA 02780
From the Shop:
L out of parking lot - go 0.1 mi
R on Ingell St – go 0.8 mi
bear L on W Water St – go 0.4 mi
R on 5th St – go 0.2 mi
L on Somerset Ave (Rt138) – go 0.5 mi
Silver City is blue building on Left
:chuckle: :razz: :wink: :biggrin: :hihi: :whoa: :roll:

FredA
02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Sparse crowd and it must'a been a private party cause the doors were locked tonight.:Eyecrazy:

JimW
02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey Fred - Don't look now but today is - Tuesday.
Maybe I'll see you there tomorrow.

jfbasser
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Fred....you have been too dependent on the mats in the ship's elevator to tell you the day of the week...tough to be back from the cruise?:devil:

juro
02-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Tarpon fever :cool:

Penguin
02-08-2007, 09:56 AM
'drove an hour and a half...
...'Planned on getting there early so I could visit the always well stocked and appointed Bear's Den shop and was NOT disappointed...
'got some NICE phur, pheathers, and phlash and a few gotta'haves...

Then drove 5 minutes to the FREE show and got to chat with some guy who calls himself Lefty (kindly signed my book and made me feel like an old friend) and visited with Joe Cordiero (flat wing meister) who always enjoys standing room only crowds!...saw some other interesting tyers and products and spoke with some friends from the beach...(Fred made both nights)...

The HIGH POINT of my night was when I passed a table covered with some very familiar and BEAUTIFUL flyz...behind the table was a passionate, cutting edge artist busy doing what he does so well...
David Nelson (aka davidstrout from reel-time) and his pal came from WhitePlains NY...they had been recruited by Scott for the show.
It was very nice to meet David and see his work up close and personal!
He is a gifted tyer and his enthusiasm is contegeous! OUTSTANDING!!!

One more observation...
Scott Wessels could sit back and enjoy the ride but he chooses to make good things happen...
He really has made a difference in our specialized community...
NO ONE in the New England fly fishing resource industry works harder or better...
WAYTOGO SCOTT...!!!

...and thanks for letting me in and for everything you do!

FredA
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
It was open house last night.

Nice show as usual.

Good to see a bunch of people, Pete, Slinger, JimW, Jimmy, Sean Mc...Paul C, etc.
(I think I walked by bigcat a couple of time before I recognized him but didn't see him after)

David Nelson's flies were nice indeed (check out striper fly archieve) and it was good to see his buddy and bayside aquiantence Jazzman(you tie nice flies too Jonny). Nice article featuring David, I think, by Henry Cowen in the current issue of Flyfishing Saltwater (or is it the other mag).

Always fun to watch Skok tie and hold court. I'll have to check to see if he's having a bears den tying seminar this year.

Basser and his buddy Ron were trying to outfit me with a lamiglass plug launcher, vanstal reel and gold chains. I didn't bite, yet.

"Tarpon Fever"
I'll be working on my strip set in earnast this year. If your fishing near me watch out for those little sckoolies I catch flyin past your head all crosseyed and puzzled by what hit 'em.