Go'n to Chile [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Go'n to Chile

FFwino
01-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi Folks,

My wife and I are going to Chile for two weeks in early March and plan to fish the “Public” waters between Chaiten to Coyhaique in Patagonia. I may take along my inflatable Scadden Escalade boat and float some of the milder rivers and lakes. Trouble is I can’t find the definition of “Public” waters. Last year I did the same sort of trip in Argentina where the rules are much the same as Montana, in that you can enter at bridges and fish up or down river as long as you stay in within the high water line. But I can’t find any info on the rules in Chile. Does anyone have any experience fishing on their in the Patagonia region of Chile. I would like to get a local guide for one or two days, depending on the weather and particular river level. Does anyone know of any good guides that do day trips?

Rippin_Lips
01-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I wish my wife wanted to take a fishing vacation to Chile!

Sorry, can't answer your Q's...bever been there.

Have fun!

Colorado Cajun
01-31-2007, 10:36 AM
I wish my wife wanted to take a fishing vacation to Chile!

Sorry, can't answer your Q's...bever been there.

Have fun!

My thought exactly!

I think you have the right idea with getting a guide for a day or two. I would say do a lot of research on the internet on different guide services. The biggest is not always the best. I would try to find sites where people have listed comments about the good time they had and not so much about the amount of fish they caught.

Mitch

juro
01-31-2007, 07:51 PM
You should read this epic article by Luis Nasim....

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/destinations/patagonia/patagonia.htm