looking for some advice. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: looking for some advice.

t.kelly
01-16-2007, 08:08 AM
My wife and I are planning a trip to Florida sometime in April and are looking for some suggestions on where to go. Several years ago we stayed on Sanible Island and enjoyed its laidback atmosphere,beaches,restaurants,and I even caught some fish to boot. We where wondering if there is someplace that is similar or would we be better off going back to Sanible. Thanks in advance.

SteelBoneguy
01-16-2007, 10:43 AM
There are tons of places to fish in that region of FL. I'm running into the same obstacles. What I mean go some place new which leaves a lot of unknowns or going back to a place where you know already. It is a hard decision. What I would do is run a couple of search engines on places your thinking of going. As people already have most likely asked the same question in places that you are thinking of going.

gunner
01-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I have traded my timeshare and gotten into some nice units in Sanibel. Another similar place is Marco Island -- good fishing in the area around the island, around Naples, and on the Tamiami Trail. Marco is not as laid back as Sanibel, but there is one beach (Tiger Beach I think) that has almost as many shells as Sanibel's beaches. Good restaurants in the immediate area and a good marina for boat rentals.

n1gdo
01-17-2007, 07:33 AM
The beach is called Tigertail Beach on Marco Island.

At the right time of year you can walk that beach and cast to Snook and Redfish etc... not sure what is available in April.

Great place to spend a day.