Car Rental Rip-Off on Abaco [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Car Rental Rip-Off on Abaco

JusBones
01-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Sad news,
First, as I have made a few friends on this site, I hope, you guys view me as
fraternal bonefishing brother. I have the disposition of a lazy old hound dog.
However, I got ripped off by a car rental establishment on Abaco during my last trip. After at least 12 phone calls to both the company and the Director of Tourism, in an effort to resolve this issue, I was "blown-off".....Believe me I research everything before I travel......the house, the guides and the vehicle rentals.....I suspect I got hammered because, after many trips to Abaco, I have become complacent(sp?) and let my guard down. The common term on the islands for "get every buck out of the tourists" is biggity. Indeed.
So, after requesting permisssion to post my displeasure with Juro and getting the "thumbs up", I decided to alert all the good people on this site.
PM/e-mail me and I will let you know the name of the company. Yep, it can happen anywhere......but I feel an obligation to fellow forum members....:mad:

Tin Pusher
01-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Curious what happened?

SteelBoneguy
01-07-2007, 10:17 PM
u pay w/ CC? If so disput the charge.

nmbrowncom
01-08-2007, 04:58 AM
PLEASE LET US KNOW THE NAME OF THE COMPANY AND WHAT HAPPENED? OTHERWISE THE POST DOES NOT SERVE YOUR PURPOSE "TO ALERT THE GOOD PEOPLE ON THIS SITE", NOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE, OTHER THAN TO VENT.

Vince
01-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Please let us know EXACTLY what happened.
Did you pay ahead of time and receive no vehicle? Did you get a sub-par vehicle? Did you get a vehicle other than the one you asked for? Did your vehicle break down or not operate satisfactorily?

josko
01-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I dont think you're accomplishing anything besides trashing your credibility with these vague insinuations.

Tin Pusher
01-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Cut him some slack as he lives in the land of lawsuits. Naming names may put him in the poor house. Heck I may get sued for implying he is implying someone did something wrong.

nmbrowncom
01-11-2007, 07:46 PM
gimme a break.

Eric
01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
For those to whom the car rental info may be useful, maybe you could request a personal message from Mark.

This discussion is going nowhere and seems to be creating some bad feelings.

Cheers,

Eric

Tin Pusher
01-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Eric, No hard feelings here and I have no immediate intentions of renting a car in Abaco. As a peace offering I will send you a great a book that has the last chapter ripped out. PM me and i will let you know if the butler did it.:hihi:

JusBones
01-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Guys,guys, guys........read the post.

And I quote: PM/e-mail me and I will let you know the name of the company. Yep, it can happen anywhere......but I feel an obligation to fellow forum members

In the future, I will simply inform those folks I correspond and fish with. I guess no good deed goes unpunished, or opens the door for the reading challanged.

Good Luck .........

nmbrowncom
01-13-2007, 02:48 PM
vague and innocuous allegations that cannot be verified nor responded to because the author is playing hide the ball, sounds more like a "cheap shot" than a "good deed"

Smcdermott
01-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Guys,

Lets take it easy on Mark here. I think everyones points have been made. I'm closing this one down so it doesn't turn into a pointless pissing match.

Sean