Day's are getting longer ....... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Day's are getting longer .......

Adrian
01-04-2007, 11:46 AM
.... and it won't be long until we're back out there chasing our striped friends.

They are predicting 60F this Saturday :Eyecrazy:

FredA
01-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Ya, but as some crumudgon on another site noted, the days start getting shorter in less than six months.

Life sucks then you die.

FredA
01-04-2007, 03:57 PM
...but I'm an eternal optimist at heart. Last weeks walk down south beach has me itching to spend time on the outside about spring clave time. If it weren't for the heavy rain icon in the saturday am forcast for the cape I might be thinking of giving it a shot. With the rain moving out west to east RI and Conn would probably be a good place to wet a line...

Time to start looking at those spring tide tables.

FishHawk
01-04-2007, 04:12 PM
If this weater keeps up perhaps the Stripers will be here in late March to early April. FishHawk

Guernseybass
01-05-2007, 07:42 AM
only 11 weeks and the clocks go forward an hour. :hihi:

cool.

Adrian
01-05-2007, 10:33 AM
only 11 weeks and the clocks go forward an hour. :hihi:

cool.
Great, then the clock in my Jeep will be telling the right time :chuckle:

GregD
01-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi Adrian,

With the warm weather and the fact the sea temps haven't dropped like they normally would I was thinking of getting out and wetting a line this weekend.

I expect there could be some action with the natives around the river mouths still, upper Narragansett. Thames and Connecticut rivers should be holding some fish.

I know I should find some solitude out there this time of year at the very least ;-).

Greg.

Dble Haul
01-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I expect there could be some action with the natives around the river mouths still, upper Narragansett. Thames and Connecticut rivers should be holding some fish.

Heck, they're still catching schoolies on the beaches at the mouth of the Housatonic.

Is it January or October? :confused: