Seekonk/Pawtucket? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Seekonk/Pawtucket?

flier
01-03-2007, 07:09 PM
HI guys, As I have posted before, I just moved to Seekonk on the Pawtucket line. I noticed a canal that runs from a lake behind the Pawtucket country club after some small falls. I'm guessing it's part of the ten mile river?
I was gonna use that area as a practice spot. Right near my house.
Anybody ever catch fish at all in the pond in back of the country club or in the little canal in back of the park? I know the little pond in the park gets stocked trout. But I would feel like a heel fishing where the kids should be lol. :tsk_tsk:
Thanks.

Tom

Wee Hooker
03-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Late posting but I've heard that section of river has a good carp population along with some LM bass, No first hand experience though. Keep us posted!

teflon_jones
03-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Hi Tom. I live right up the road from you in N. Attleboro. The Ten Mile River used to be about the dirtiest river around, and though it's a lot better, it's still not great. It does support a healthy bass population, but they might have 3 or 4 eyes and a couple of extra fins.

Do you have a way of getting on the water? (i.e. boat/float tube/canoe)

flier
03-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the late posts guys! Yeah I figured no trout but some warmwater fins.

Jones, actually I was considering a tube for myself this year.......

sean
04-08-2007, 07:44 PM
And you have the birthplace of saltwater striper fishing just 10 minutes down the road in the barrington/bristol region. You can leave the stockers to the kids and come catch some bass of the salty variety.

-sean

flier
04-14-2007, 08:32 PM
lol Thanks Sean. Actually I'm from SO-Co RI. And I do enjoy those linesides. The reason I'm fishing the sweet stuff this year is cuz I'm BRAND NEW with a fly rod and I want to eventually fly some of my surf spots.
I actually frequent the Palmer river and Bristol area at night with regular spining tackle for blues and linesides.
Maybe we'll run into each other. I usually fish at night. However not yet with a fly rod lol. :D
Hey did you ever fly fish the 100 acre cove down near the radio station? I think I may go over there next month in the AM with a fly.

vtloon
04-15-2007, 10:46 AM
If you follow the cove up far enough it becomes a river again and comes to a dam near the radio stations. In about the 1959-1960 timeframe , we surprised ourselves by catching some good 1.5 - 2# Largemouth (giants to us at that point) on the upstream side of the dam, and schoolies on the downstream side when the tide was in.
I wonder if that dam is even there still.

flier
04-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks, I will check it out!