Sluggish Carp 11/25/06 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sluggish Carp 11/25/06

Quentin
11-25-2006, 04:54 PM
It was so calm and sunny today I had to go see if I could catch a carp. Found a few but they were very sluggish. They didn't want to move even when I walked right along the shore 5' away. I couldn't get these guys to hit, but I did finally have another fish hit and miss and another hooked and landed :cool:

jhightower
11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Looks like one of those would be a good hook up....I haven't caught a carp on the fly yet....I have seen them tailing in the river I fish most....what type of flys work for carp?
J.Hightower

Fish Whisperer
11-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Best Fly's for carp I've found:

San Juan Worms, a variety of Czech nymphs (usually in moving water), wooly buggers and thin shimmy leeches in red and olive and black, and my favorite (and this usually causes quite a fuss, ill leave it to your own discretion), what I call a sasko which is simply white deer hair flared and cut into a tightly packed ball or square. I usually land it pretty hard witch gets the fishes attention. Deadly combo is a sasko and a San Juan dropper... :devil: its evil!!

Have fun...

Dble Haul
11-27-2006, 09:00 AM
hightower-

If you do a search for carp flies in this section, you should come up with some very good information from the archives.