FYI, Google Earth [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FYI, Google Earth

FredA
11-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Just playing around with google earth and realized the satelite images over some of the cape have been updated, for the bass river, chatham, southway. I don't believe the bayside's updated, I'll have to take another look. Pretty cool. Changes must have occurred in the last week or so

flydoc
11-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Fred- either my mind is playing tricks on my eyes, or they have done some channel dredging in the Southway area...
Flydoc

P.S.- the images are still not very current- I checked by looking at the status of the Queen Anne Road-Rt 39 intersection in Harwich (that I drive through every day on my way to the office)- they converted it to a rotary earlier this year (late spring, I think), but the "current" Google Earth images still show the old intersection, so they are no more current than early spring of this year.

FredA
11-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Doc, my guess is late winter/early spring, 2005, based on the structure at the light, brown fields and leafless trees.

juro
11-24-2006, 09:19 AM
and high tide is useless on the bayside shots

flydoc
11-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Fred-you're probably right, as I also noticed the shots of Cape Cod Hospital show them just breaking ground on the new Mugar building, which they have just about finished work on at this time.
Flydoc

striperstripper
11-27-2006, 06:31 PM
I just checked the bay and creeks these images have been up dated,they are now showing low tide,before you could not see waves breaking in front of the east bar at old harbor(sandwich creek),also check out the bar and deep hole off of town neck beach just east of the cape cod canal east .

FredA
11-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Ya, the shot down to the east where I fish looks to be at the top third of the outgoing. It's definitely updated but still a lot of water.

Looking at my sisters lot in RI, it doesn't seem to be updated. They broke ground 4 years ago and the land appears untouched still, in the image.

Took a look at Acklins and I think those images have been updated. I believe the CAC, bahamas annex, duplex is now shown.

juro
11-28-2006, 07:47 AM
maybe I will be able to buy my dream cottage on the road to Pestell

wrke
11-28-2006, 07:52 PM
maybe I will be able to buy my dream cottage on the road to Pestell
Naw, I'll put an offer on it this year.

juro
11-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Well I will have to settle for one of the lots leading down to grandma's then :)

Guernseybass
12-22-2006, 11:24 AM
have you guys seen this microsoft local live thing ?

its a bit cumbersome, but it is in 3D and clearer than Google.

Mark.