Waterproof Cellphone [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Waterproof Cellphone

Sephon
11-21-2006, 12:19 PM
As much as I hate talking on the cell phone while fishing, sometimes it is a necessary evil. Also a great tool for safety. Verizon has come out with a waterproof cell phone now. Having dropping mine into Stage Harbor this summer, I think I'm going to get in line for one of these.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/16/technology/16phone.html?_r=1&ref=technology&oref=slogin

juro
11-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I'd go for a waterproof blackberry if they made one...

however the one i have is pretty good

I dropped it in the toilet and it dried out and survived just fine

of course it was before any business had been done so I plunged my hand in quickly to retrieve it

no telling how well it would have fared if I had used the toilet first, but most likely I would have exercised the $5 / month insurance program in that case by the time I found something in the garage capable of fetching it ;)

FredA
11-21-2006, 02:57 PM
What's a cell phone and why do you need one?

Sephon
11-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Juro,

I'm currently using a Treo 700w (replacement for the phone that ended up in Stage Harbor), and I love it, but I'm real nervous taking it out fishing with me. But they make waterproof cases for the Treos and Blackberries now.

Fred,

I wish I didn't know the answer to your first question, but my boss (who happens to be a Judge) requires that I can be reached at all times.

-C. Simms

FredA
11-21-2006, 04:21 PM
That was going to be my second question, "why would you want to take a call from work on the flatz?".

I'm going to succumb only 'cause my wife won't give up her 250K miles minivan. But I have long rued the day...

Nothing turns me butt ugly like a women or girly-man with a phone stuck in thier ear at an intersection.:lildevl:

Sorry 'bout the thread drift/theft.