Austin Clark/Quebec Sporting [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Austin Clark/Quebec Sporting

fliesonly1
11-17-2006, 08:59 AM
I would just like to take a minute and congratulate Austin Clark for joining the Quebec Sporting Team. Austin's reputation as one of the premier guides in Gaspe goes without saying and will greatly compliment an already outstanding staff. Austin, not that you need to be told this, but everyone at QS will not only appreciate you for your vast knowledge of salmon angling, but also first and foremost a sincere and trusted life long friend.

Brian Slavinski
Buffalo Outfitters

PS: Austin, I am looking forward to seeing you in June! You'll have to stop by the camp for a cold beer and some of our famous Western New York hot dogs.

Salar-1
11-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Nicely said Brian.
Austin with QuebecSporting ! one of Gaspe's premier guides with what has to be Salmon fishing's premier outfitter ! KEWL !!
Cheers
Brian

Charlie
11-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Great news! Austin is a great guy. I always enjoy running into him on the river. And now he is working for the most reputable outfitter in Gaspe? What could be a better combination?

Charlie

Austin on the St John (heís the one in the middle).

Canadianflyfish
11-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I had the honour of fishing with Austin last summer and he is (one of) the best guides anywhere. I fished with Richard Adams in his 93rd year, and enjoyed my experience with Austin more. I only wish I took up fly fishing when Richard was in his prime (which is probably before I was born) to properly compare two of the most famous guides in Gaspe.

I can't say enough positive things about Austin.

Muckle Salmon
11-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Just wondering, who is the guy on the right with the rather large beer cooler?;)

Ramsay

Salar-1
11-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Dunno who that is but I've found a rare pic of him without a beer,rod or tying vice
in his hands:hihi:

Charlie
11-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Brian,

How do you know he doesnít have a beer in hand? That wonderful beer gut obscures the right hand. :hihi:

Ramsay,

What have you been up to this fall? Havenít heard from you in a long time brother. Hope your doing well.

Charlie

Muckle Salmon
11-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Charlie, Been spending a lot more time this side of the border this fall (water conditions) Managed to get out to B.C. for a few days. Spent some time with some Scottish boys, learned a lot. Got the chance to fish the Thompson with a crazy Frenchman. Don't know about you but this is the first year I have been crying the blues about too much water:( . Congrats on the draw (looks like Brian is going to have to be real nice to you alll winter:hihi: ) Will give you a shout next time we are coming down. See if you can do something about the levels will you.

Ramsay

Bugman
11-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Well ... I was just catching up with the world of salmon from the 'left coast', and saw this great news.

Congratulations to both Austin and Ann - it's great to see that you'll be working together again!

Charlie, I saw that you'd been 'pulled' on ALL THREE Gaspe-town rivers in the November draws - congrats! Brian's name was (uncharacteristically) absent - he'll have to be VERY nice to you this winter.

Axel and I did pretty well on the Dartmouth pre-season lotto - we're psyched :Eyecrazy: for the 'phone day.

Charlie ... care to disclose which pool is in the background of your picture with Austin? I thought I knew a bit about the St. Jean, but didn't recognize the vista.

OK - sweet salmon dreams to all - long may they spawn!

Jim Corrigan

alarsen
12-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Ann lined myself and a friend up with Austin for a couple of days about three years ago and we had a great time. It was my first time on the St Jean and I learned a lot from Austin.
Attached is a picture of one of our many happy moments.

Bugman
12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey partner ... I was excited about seeing your photo with Austin, but I do believe that you had a 'senior's moment' :eek:

When I clicked on your supposed photo attachment, I saw a Zone draw for the 2007 Ontario Men's Curling Championship!

Now, it was nice to see it & it was interesting to see that Middaugh is playing out of Zone 8, HOWEVER ... I don't think that most of the participants on Fly Talk will care that much about a Zone draw in the 2007 Ontario Curling playdowns.

You might want to try again :hihi:

Jim Corrigan

alarsen
12-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks Jim. Let me try again.