Thanksgiving donation drive [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thanksgiving donation drive

juro
11-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Hey gang, hope you had an enjoyable year on the flyfishing forum.

This being the hardest year I have ever had to face, I've not been able to keep up with the business of chasing sponsors for renewals and to keep things running so I've been funding out of pocket for most of the year.

I hope to get back to running the site like a business in 2007 but in the mean time if you can give a little thanks toward keeping this site up and running, please send a small paypal donation to:

(paypal) donations(at)flyfishingforum.com

100% of what is gathered will be applied to running the site as always.

Thanks and I hope to get back to rounding up the sponsors after the busy holiday season.

flydoc
10-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Juro- can't believe it took me a year before I noticed this post- if you are still looking for donations, any chance of reposting the Paypal link (one in above post seems to have expired/gone defunct) OR an address I could send a check? I won't be able to make the Marlboro show weekend dinner outing (on call, can't switch with anyone), so this would be the best way for me to contribute.
Flydoc:biggrin:

striblue
10-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Juro, I will send an amount... or give you a check if you drop by the house for a Pats game...

FredA
10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Is the mail address on the home page still valid?

juro
10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys... my appreciation goes beyond words especially this year.

paypal address = donations(at)flyfishingforum.com

I could not justify the PO box another year, no mailing address at the moment

Dave17
10-30-2007, 06:26 PM
I never noticed this as well. I'll send $$$.

Is it to personal to ask for a ballpark of what the site costs a year?

PM me when you get a chance

acklinsboy
10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Juro, I sent a donation that I plan to make a quarterly sum.

I think this forum does a wonderful job of bringing people together.

With thanks,

Felton

cc charlie
10-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Juro..............I'm a new member here and find it informative and very interesting.Will send something thru Paypal

cc charlie

vtloon
10-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Juro, I'd like to send a donation. However, I do not and will not use Paypal. Can you please pm me an address.
As I mentioned in an earlier pm : " If I had to put a quarter in the slot each time I logged on, I'd certainly do it".

fishinfool
11-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Juro,

I have asked for this same info every year for the last three and have never had a reply. I would be more than happy to support this site but I simply will never use PayPal again. Please advise as to options. Best

John

Earle Fletcher
11-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I don't do Pay Pal, but I am wiilling to donate. How about an address for checks.

Earle Fletcher

Eric
11-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey, Juro, I do use PayPal, but I can't get the PayPal button on the donation page to work. I'm using Firefox on Windows XP.

Let me know,

Eric

bonefishmon
11-06-2007, 04:55 AM
I had a bad experience with Paypal. Pm me your address please and I'll send $$$. A friend of mine sent a check a while back to join. Did you get a check from BJ Casio?

Phil

Adrian
11-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Donation sent today.

juro
11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Please extend a heartfelt "thank you" to:

Walter Kleckley
Felton Rolle
James Shepherd III
Walter Kleckley
Charles E Wahl Jr
Jere Eshelman
Adrian Sharp

for their support in keeping the Forum going for another year. We've still got a long way to go but with the dinner event and other volunteers presenting ideas and support it's looking good for 2008.

Already dreamin' of the spring clave!

PopnesetBay
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Nice to acknowledge those who are comfortable using PayPal but the list could and would be much longer if there were someplace that we could send donation to. As some above posts indicate, myself included, there are willing donors that are not or will not be users of PayPal. All I want to do is send you some damn money, without it showing on a credit card, so that I can continue to enjoy this site. How do I make the Check/Money Order payable to and is there anyone that will PM me an address to send it to so that it adventually helps support this site?

Cripes, it is only early November and I am already getting "touchy and frustrated", can't wait to see what I will be like by April!!!!!

Juro, please check your PM's, Thanks

Pete Readel

juro
11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I like the vigor thanks Pete!

However I am not comfortable doing that right now for a number of reasons which I won't go into.

To those who can't paypal please hold off and participate in the upcoming dinner event.

Warren, we will need both a door prize AND absentee drawing.

Warren
11-09-2007, 04:31 AM
Warren, we will need both a door prize AND absentee drawing.

OK Juro, I'll get the committee together & see what we can conjure up.

Here is your chance tackle shop owners or manufacturers reps that may be lurking in the background to stand up & be recognized and donate to the cause. If anyone wants to make a equipment donation please send me a PM. A new 5 wt trout rod would be a good absentee raffle. Where is that guy from Assassin Reels? Now might be a chance for you to get your product and name before the people

highway61
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Juro, I would love to help pay for the expenses related to running the forum. I have only been a member since September, but am enjoying the discussions. I am curious about why so many of you do not want to use pay pal. I have used it several times w/o any problem. Can you guys enlighten me as to why you don't want to use paypal?

Steve M.

petevicar
11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry I've been away for a while. I would also like to contribute but have had problems with Paypal. The problem was that they wanted me to pay twice.

Pete

highway61
11-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey Juro....please check your pm's, I have a question regarding donations.

:cool:

Steve M.