Resident [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Resident

Canadianflyfish
11-16-2006, 08:20 PM
When people talk about draws being reserved for residents, what does that mean?
Resident of Gaspe, resident of Quebec or resident of Canada?
Does this change depending on the ZEC?

Manitou
11-16-2006, 09:44 PM
It means Province of Quebec resident

Resident: any person domiciled in Québec and having resided there for a period of 183 days during
the year previous to their fishing activities or application for a licence.

Jocelin

The Thrasher
11-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Of course, when an angler from Quebec comes to fish in Ontario, they pay the RESIDENT angler rate, because they are a resident of CANADA. NON-residents are from out of Canada.

Venture
11-20-2006, 07:40 AM
What's the rule when it comes to US residents who own a home in Quebec? Can they apply as a Quebec resident, using their Quebec address?

Manitou
11-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Thrasher

Are you positive about your resident permit for non resident of Ontario who are resident of Canada can buy a resident permit

Newfoundland you need a non resident permit
New brunswick has a non resident permit
Nova Scotia has a non resident
Quebec has a non resident permit
BC has a non resident permit
Alberta has a non resident
PEI has a non resident permit

Even if you live in canada to be eligible for a resident permit in a province you have to reside in that province each province has its rules in the definition in non resident anglers.

The reason for this is that each province has its own permit system and money from permit purchases goes to ecology and protection of the ressource program in that province

I just asked a freind of mine who fishes Ontario and he tells me that you need a non resident permit

JOcelin

salmo52
11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Manitou, Thrasher is right,

See pages 5 to 7 Ref: the Ontario fishing regulations Pdf documentation

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/mnr/pubs/fishing/fishRegs/2005/Info_fr2005.pdf

Alain

Canadianflyfish
11-20-2006, 09:19 PM
That always ticks me off when my parents could come to our cottage and get a resident license, but when I go to their place in Quebec i need to pay the "non-resident" rate.

It's time to start writting to your local MPP and have the requirements for residence changed in Ontario to match every other province in Canada. Why should be be subsidising our out of province friends?

Manitou
11-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Sorry then trasher

I better double check my source next time

Jocelin