Trolling Lure [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Trolling Lure

shaialude
11-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Many years ago, a favorite trolling lure was a series of beads along with a spinner trolled with clam worms behind it. Many of them were sold by Arthur Grandi in RI. Does anyone have an idea of how they were made or have one that can be copied? It was a great striper lure and about 18-24" long. Will welcome any help

rockfisherman
11-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Many years ago, a favorite trolling lure was a series of beads along with a spinner trolled with clam worms behind it. Many of them were sold by Arthur Grandi in RI. Does anyone have an idea of how they were made or have one that can be copied? It was a great striper lure and about 18-24" long. Will welcome any help

Go to Cabelas and search on "Cowbell" (no quotes). I've used these up in Maine for Trout and Salmon with nightcrawlers. Maybe they'd be close enough.

RayStachelek
11-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Ron,

Been looking all over the house. I thought I still had a few left. They were marked by J T Tackle Co. (Jeros Tackle Co, Inc. Brooklyn, N.Y.

Yes, and your right. There were two chrome blades and a few orange beads as spacers attached to a three foot mono with a single trailer hook. Those were killas trolling in shallow water with mono line and a nice slimmy sea worm attached.

Had quite a few rods make by Arthur on Poccasett Ave and by Murats too.