polaroid sunglasses [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: polaroid sunglasses

lockes
11-13-2006, 01:50 AM
What brand sunglasses do you use and what lense?

Has anybody got any experience with the Costa Del Mar range? What is the difference between these and other glasses manufacturers?

teflon_jones
11-13-2006, 07:17 AM
My last pair were some $80 Eddie Bauer polarized ones. Unfortunately, as of a month ago, they're nowhere to be found. :( They did great for several years, including stalking bonefish in the Bahamas, and trout here in the Northeast.

They were glass lenses, which I much prefer for the durability. I just recently replaced them with a pair of Ray Bans that I tried on in my local sunglass store and then bought for almost half the price off eBay. :) I have to try on sunglasses first since I have a big head and most don't have temple pieces long enough to fit.

rogcon
11-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Ocean Waves w/ Backwater Green Mirrored glass lenses ( amber ). Once you use
these you'll never use any other polarized sunglasses.

Eddie
11-14-2006, 03:43 PM
a search on this site will yield many posts on this subject.

hmaadd
11-14-2006, 03:56 PM
how much do ocean waves cost I've always used costa's and I believe there has got to be something better unless I don't have the right ones

lockes
11-16-2006, 04:29 AM
For instance what is the difference between oakley polarized glasses and costa del mar?

teflon_jones
11-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Your question is really hard to answer. I guess the best thing I can say is that polarized glasses designed for fishing are more likely to meet your needs than a pair that's the same price, but is a designer brand/style. But that's a big generality. I think most people find a brand that works and stick with it.

There's definitely a difference between $40 polarized glasses and most $200 glasses. All in all though, my $80 Eddie Bauer glasses worked as well as a lot of the more expensive glasses I've tried.