The Petite Cascapedia [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The Petite Cascapedia

Venture
11-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Anyone have some experience on the Petite? First time I got some water. Gotta make my selection shortly. What sectors produce well during mid July? Wading is much perfered..l. Any experienced veiw point appreciated. Thanks in advance.

wrke
11-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Sector B. Edgar Cyr and Millbrook.

Green Ghost
11-09-2006, 12:20 PM
You really applied for the Petite to win Sector B, Sector C is Public, Downstream of Sector B is Prive (Brule). I agree with wrke pool selections for sure, But I personally prefer to be first on Gross remous (big eddy) and I hang out in the tail until a new pair of fisherman appear. If they don't, I go back to the head and fish it again, it is a classic holding pool!! Love the river!! :D

Venture
11-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Are Edgar Cyr and Milbrook both in sector B or are they separate sectors? And if they are not available, what would the next best sector be? Gross Remous? And where can I obtain a map of this river......anyone know? Love this dreaming.

wrke
11-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Yes, all three are in Sector B. You can probably get a map by writing to ZEC on the Petite.

Salar-1
11-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Howie
How dja do for dates ?
I found it incredible that , although the Petite was excellent this year ,a lot of water was still up for grabs this afternoon for '07!
Cheers

GaspeSalmonBum
11-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I took 2 rods for 3 days at the end of August. We already have 2 weeks booked on other rivers in July. Maybe I'll hit it right with cooler weather and some rain to freshen things up. I never fished this river before, so I'm really looking forward to the trip. I love getting these trips booked now. It really gives me the enthusiasm I need to tie flies all winter long. Man I love Salmon fishing!
GSB

Venture
11-24-2006, 09:20 AM
S.R.
Much later in July than I wanted. They were the earliest dates available when they called. So I took them....July 27+28. Have to keep all the reservations within July due to my schedule. Will be very busy next summer between settling in at my new camp on the Matane, and fishing a few days on the York, Dartmouth, Bonnie, Petite, not to mention the Matane. When were your dates on the Petite?