FLY FISHING ARUBA [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FLY FISHING ARUBA

dwmettel
11-08-2006, 12:40 AM
i am going on my annual trip to Aruba this Thanksgiving and i was wondering if there was any way that i could get into bonefish or tarpon in the flats...anyone with any knowledge on the subject please let me know what you have to say.
much appreciated

juro
11-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Use the 'Search' option to find all posts on flyfishing Aruba on this site - which could very well be the most on the entire web as there is little out there.

here is an example:

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=23483&highlight=aruba

arubaman
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
uhm... I am on Aruba at this moment.
leaving for a short trip to bonaire next week monday (13th) will be back on tuesday the 21st. And leave for home (Netherlands) on thursday evening 23th. Depending on when you are here we could make an appointment, korea will be around too...
A 8wt rod will do, maybe a 10 for tarpon, but not yet had any tarpon within casting range this trip and not yet spotted a bone...

Korean_fly
11-08-2006, 09:37 PM
8 more days...Hey arubaman, hope we can meet up and anyone else going there. Mini clave lol.

Adrian

juro
11-08-2006, 09:51 PM
but not yet had any tarpon within casting range this trip and not yet spotted a bone...

Not even spotted one at Malmok? not good

Did you spot tarpon out of casting range if not in it?

dwmettel
11-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey arubaman, I actually arrive on Wednesday the 22nd and leave Sunday the 26th. I have a 9' 9wt Orvis outfit that I pretty much customized for redfish, bonefish and the occasional small tarpon along with anything else that size. I'm staying at Costa Linda if you have heard of that, and in the past I have not heard of anywhere to go fly fishing. do you have a specific rate or would you just be willing to take me out on a trip and show me a couple of spots, either way i am interested.
Thanks for your response.

arubaman
11-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Hey dave,
I sent you an email earlier this week, with my phonenumber. Hope you got that and will call me up. Adrian hopefully will do to and we will have that mini clave. Sea has been a little weird past days, at the moment the wind blows hard and malmok is a bit muddy, but today I saw about 7 bones, hooked up two nice ones and lost them both on the #@$#$%@ corals. Still it is the best adrenaline you can imagine, sightcasting to a bone, then see him rush off and feel it on your gear.
Maybe I am not that good a fisherman after all, both fish I hooked I lost today, after the first run out (30 and 50 yards of backing estimated) They will get stuck or snap of on corals. Still haven't found out a way to prevent them from getting there. allready drill them quite hard.
Reeling in those yards of backing and then your entire flyline is quite painfull, especially knowing you lost yet another nice fish.

My rates???? Hell, we are all flyfisherman trying to help each other out.